View Poll Results: Which suppressor and barrel length combo would like the most?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11.5" barrel with 5.7" 15.5 oz suppressor

6 85.71%
  • 11.5" barrel with 6.44" 17.6 oz suppressor

0 0%
  • 14.5" barrel with 5.7" 15.5 oz suppressor

1 14.29%
  • 14.5" barrel with 6.44" 17.6 oz suppressor

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help picking can length and barrel length

Feedback Score

Need help picking can length and barrel length

I think that I would either like an 11.5" gun with an OSS Helix QD 556, or a 14.5" gun with an OSS Helix QD 556K. At first I thought that the "flow-through" tech was just marketing hype, but I'm pretty much sold on it and would like to try it out.

I'm your average civilian, who hopefully will never need to use his rifle further than 100 yards in a defensive situation, so the 11.5" gun would probably cover all my needs. However, if it was gonna be a truly do-it-all gun, it might make more sense to get the velocity of a 14.5" barrel so that I could hunt and plink at slightly further ranges. Additionally, I've read that the 70 TSX does not stabilize well in SBR barrels, so if I want the penetration and extended expansion range of the 70 over its lighter counterparts I'd probably want the longer barrel.

But SBRs are sexy.

Also it's important to remember that just because a can is 6" long doesn't mean it will add 6" to your gun. I don't have the numbers for these specific cans but it's something to keep in mind.

Feedback Score

Need help picking can length and barrel length

I went with a 10.5 on a dead air sandman S

Cans 6.8 long but still shorter than a 16” unsuppressed. It adds about 4”

To me a 14.5 or up brings the can too far out and I didn’t like the balance

17oz has a much different feel 10” and 16” off the barrel

Eventually I’ll get the sandman K for my 14.5 but to me the 10.5/s is much more practical

Keep in mind K cans don’t do much but take the “bite” out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boombotz401; 10-17-18 at 03:00.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    Additionally, I've read that the 70 TSX does not stabilize well in SBR barrels, so if I want the penetration and extended expansion range of the 70 over its lighter counterparts I'd probably want the longer barrel.

But SBRs are sexy.
    It is possible to stabilize 70TSX through short barrels.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-17-18 at 19:18. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    Voted 11.5 with short silencer. A K supressor is quiet enough for me on an 11.5” barrel, some people want it quieter, but it wasnt noticably louder than on my 14.5” when I tried it.
    If you want more reach and sbr is an option, 12.5” with short can looks good on paper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    I think that I would either like an 11.5" gun with an OSS Helix QD 556, or a 14.5" gun with an OSS Helix QD 556K. At first I thought that the "flow-through" tech was just marketing hype, but I'm pretty much sold on it and would like to try it out.

I'm your average civilian, who hopefully will never need to use his rifle further than 100 yards in a defensive situation, so the 11.5" gun would probably cover all my needs. However, if it was gonna be a truly do-it-all gun, it might make more sense to get the velocity of a 14.5" barrel so that I could hunt and plink at slightly further ranges. Additionally, I've read that the 70 TSX does not stabilize well in SBR barrels, so if I want the penetration and extended expansion range of the 70 over its lighter counterparts I'd probably want the longer barrel.

But SBRs are sexy.

Also it's important to remember that just because a can is 6" long doesn't mean it will add 6" to your gun. I don't have the numbers for these specific cans but it's something to keep in mind.
    Why not a 12.5” and get the best of both worlds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I'm in the 12.5 w/mini suppressor camp.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I'm in the 12.5 w/mini suppressor camp.
    Same. 12.5 with either sandman k or surefire mini. It has become my go to configuration and i rarely shoot anything else lately.

Feedback Score
    I hate to be a bandwagon jumper but I would also suggest a 12.5" if you're looking for a do it all setup. I have a 10.5", 11.5", 12.5", 14.5" and 16" and most of the time I grab the 12.5". Its just a good universal length for everything. I do prefer my 10.5" or 11.5" with a suppressor as my bed side gun because the shorter the better indoors imo, but if Im going out to do anything else I always grab the 12.5" supressed with an SiCo Omega first. I put a 12.5" Noveske SS barrel and a Kahles K16i on mine and use it as my mini DMR type rifle.

Feedback Score
    But Knight’s doesn’t make a 12.5” gun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 12.5" with a Sandman K and am very happy with it. Def less bite than the 10.5" with a Sandman K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast