Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5 vs CZ P-09

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Glock 17 Gen 5 vs CZ P-09

Ordinarily I try to avoid "Brand A" vs "Brand B" comparisons, but I'm curious. For those who have used both, in general, which was the more accurate gun - the Glock or the CZ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hopefully this is a helpful indirect comment (sometimes they aren't). Joe Mustang has done accuracy work out to 200 yards with the P09 and comments that it gave a performance edge over the P226. One HK user on this site found that the P09 stayed with his HK USP Expert. That is tall grass.

Feedback Score
    4 (75%)
    I find at distance the cz is more accurate , and grip angle is natural between the 2

Feedback Score
    My CZ's both P07 and P09 are tack drivers. My Glocks aren't they get the job done but my CZ's are like Wilson or big name builder custom 1911 accurate.

Feedback Score
    P-09 prices have really come down lately - around $380 in some cases. There's been some speculation that it's because CZ is coming out with a full-size P-10. But are the two mechanically similar?

Feedback Score
    Both out shoot me.

When I've really taken my time, the P-07 was one of the most accurate pistols I've ever shot. Up there with an HK USP with a match trigger in it.

Really, I think it comes down to which platform (DA/SA or striker fired) you're interested in. For me, all my work guns (for whatever agency) are 99% going to be Glock, so I don't 'cheat' on the platform and train with other guns.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Since the OP already got the CZ, it is a moot point but

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....26-Gen-5/page3

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....26-Gen-5/page5

Those are groups with a stock, no Cajun parts etc, gen 5 Glock. Except it is the 26, so much shorter sight radius and less grip to hold on to than the 17.

So far everyone that I know of who can shoot has had nothing but excellent accuracy with gen 5 Glocks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    So far everyone that I know of who can shoot has had nothing but excellent accuracy with gen 5 Glocks.
    Just to clarify, all my glocks are very accurate, so I would agree, but my cz's are more accurate. For an overwhelming majority of shooters within distance's of armed conflict, range time, or competition the difference is meaningless as well placed hits are achievable with both pistols.

Feedback Score
    In my particular case, all else being equal, the CZ wins comfortably on price.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Just to clarify, all my glocks are very accurate, so I would agree, but my cz's are more accurate.
    I just broke 11,000 rounds for the year with my CZC Shadow 2, incidentally breaking a slide stop in a process, and I've had a couple of other CZ guns in the past. So I have some experience with them. I can't say that they are definitively more accurate than their competitors. Almost everyone who I know does something to their triggers, whether by CZC, Cajun, AA, or themselves by changing springs and parts. Every one of mine had a 2.5 to 3.25 single action pull; naturally, they are easier to shoot accurately. If I shoot groups in a DA only, or whenever I shot an unmodded rental CZ, the groups were pretty much on par with my Glocks, Berettas and HKs. I also find accurized CZs, by means of CZC's Accu-bushing or Cajun's 10X bushing, a bit more accurate than stock ones. So personally I attribute most of their perceived higher accuracy to worked-over triggers rather than barrels/lockup/whatever else goes into gun's intrinsic accuracy. By the same token, I think that some of better accuracy of Gen5 Glocks is due to improved trigger but I also think they do have a better lockup and supposedly, more accurate barrels.
    YMMV.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-18-18 at 23:20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast