Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5 vs CZ P-09

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Would you share where? I would love to snag a P09 or P07 at that price
    Bud's

Feedback Score
    I was not previously aware, but apparently a limited number of special P09's were made for the MHS trials. Looks like they were sold here in the US commercially:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...trials-pistol/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is the P09 fully cocked or is it double action like the Glock?

Please don’t speculate if you don’t know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Is the P09 fully cocked or is it double action like the Glock?

Please don’t speculate if you don’t know.
    The P09 (and the P07) has the CZ Omega fire control system and can be switched from a DA/SA with decocker to DA/SA with manual safety.

When the manual safety is installed, the pistol can be carried cocked and locked, or can be decocked by placing the safety off and manually lowering the hammer by depressing the trigger while holding the hammer and guiding it down to the half cock notch.

When the decocker is installed, the hammer is can be lowered manually or by depressing the decocker. The pistol cannot be carried cocked and locked.

It works nothing like a Glock, and I don't consider a Glock to be double action. No speculation, having owned a P07 and a Glock 17

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    The P09 (and the P07) has the CZ Omega fire control system and can be switched from a DA/SA with decocker to DA/SA with manual safety.

When the manual safety is installed, the pistol can be carried cocked and locked, or can be decocked by placing the safety off and manually lowering the hammer by depressing the trigger while holding the hammer and guiding it down to the half cock notch.

When the decocker is installed, the hammer is can be lowered manually or by depressing the decocker. The pistol cannot be carried cocked and locked.

It works nothing like a Glock, and I don't consider a Glock to be double action. No speculation, having owned a P07 and a Glock 17
    My mistake, I meant the CZ P10.

Feedback Score
    No idea then. However, it's not a distinction that I worry about. To me one striker fired pistol is pretty much like all the others. The differences in how they operate are too minuscule to be a practical matter and are pretty much academic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I just took the plunge and ordered a new P-09 for $379 shipped.
    Put the CGW parts in it... The trigger is outstanding with them in it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    No idea then. However, it's not a distinction that I worry about. To me one striker fired pistol is pretty much like all the others. The differences in how they operate are too minuscule to be a practical matter and are pretty much academic.
    If you carry AIWB, you have a different take on that. ��

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I own all the glocks in 9mm (26, 19, 17, 17L, etc.) along with most of the CZ's in 9mm. They are both fantastic guns, yet different. If I am in a 3 day pistol class, Glock 19 every time. If I want to shoot plate racks with buddies and impress them with my shooting, P09 (or any cz) every time (no double action start though).

CZ ergonomics are just plain amazing, fitting everyones hand better than any other gun they brought to the range, every time I go to the range with friend and their friends. Triggers are good or ok, but can be improved somewhat with use, or replaced with aftermarket parts for very good triggers. Aftermarket choices are limited along with accessories (i.e. Holsters) and mags are more expensive for now.

Glocks are identical beasts, mine are all setup with identical sights so the same picture shoots the same place regardless of which glock it is (aftermarket MUCH BIGGER). Trigger is glock, stagy, gritty, spongy, yet gets the job done and can be trained to learn (all have identical trigger setups with OEM parts).

Durability and maintenance, Glock wins hands down. I clean them rarely, twice a year and finally replaced my magazine springs on original 15 rounder G19 mags this year (bought in late 90's). CZ's like to be cleaner, so clean every few range trips or so. Accuracy is not even close, with all my czs being tack drivers, 1 hole at 10-15y with good shooter very easy, while glocks are bigger hole at 10-15y with some space between the hits.

Buy both.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 10-18-18 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Since the OP already got the CZ, it is a moot point but

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....26-Gen-5/page3

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....26-Gen-5/page5

Those are groups with a stock, no Cajun parts etc, gen 5 Glock. Except it is the 26, so much shorter sight radius and less grip to hold on to than the 17.

So far everyone that I know of who can shoot has had nothing but excellent accuracy with gen 5 Glocks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast