Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 Gen 5 vs CZ P-09

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    So far everyone that I know of who can shoot has had nothing but excellent accuracy with gen 5 Glocks.
    Just to clarify, all my glocks are very accurate, so I would agree, but my cz's are more accurate. For an overwhelming majority of shooters within distance's of armed conflict, range time, or competition the difference is meaningless as well placed hits are achievable with both pistols.

Feedback Score
    In my particular case, all else being equal, the CZ wins comfortably on price.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Just to clarify, all my glocks are very accurate, so I would agree, but my cz's are more accurate.
    I just broke 11,000 rounds for the year with my CZC Shadow 2, incidentally breaking a slide stop in a process, and I've had a couple of other CZ guns in the past. So I have some experience with them. I can't say that they are definitively more accurate than their competitors. Almost everyone who I know does something to their triggers, whether by CZC, Cajun, AA, or themselves by changing springs and parts. Every one of mine had a 2.5 to 3.25 single action pull; naturally, they are easier to shoot accurately. If I shoot groups in a DA only, or whenever I shot an unmodded rental CZ, the groups were pretty much on par with my Glocks, Berettas and HKs. I also find accurized CZs, by means of CZC's Accu-bushing or Cajun's 10X bushing, a bit more accurate than stock ones. So personally I attribute most of their perceived higher accuracy to worked-over triggers rather than barrels/lockup/whatever else goes into gun's intrinsic accuracy. By the same token, I think that some of better accuracy of Gen5 Glocks is due to improved trigger but I also think they do have a better lockup and supposedly, more accurate barrels.
    YMMV.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-18-18 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    More accurate: I'm personally more accurate with A p-07/9 in SA than a lot of guns. However, the rreset is what I do not like about the P-07/09.

Best bang for your buck: Unless you get blue label, the P-07/9 is probably a better bang for your buck. I've had two of them and sold two fo them though. I have more fun with my 75 bd than my p-07's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I just took the plunge and ordered a new P-09 for $379 shipped.
    Good choice and price. Can you share where you bought? PSA had them on their daily deals for $399 i believe, but that is a little lower

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Good choice and price. Can you share where you bought? PSA had them on their daily deals for $399 i believe, but that is a little lower
    Bud's Gun Shop. However, I checked this morning and they're $388. Bud's pricing seems to go up and down.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP: Accuracy - CZ P09 will likely 'win' all days and Sunday. Glock is more than good enough though.

CZ P09/07s are VERY accurate and have been reported that way for SOME time. Part of it is the barrel slide fit which is excellent, but not perfect. My 75s are generally a tad tighter and so are SIGs. Where the P series is great is DWELL TIME. Watch WHEN the barrel drops when the slide travels back - lots of lag - good for recoil impulse and accuracy - the barrel stays locked up with the slide for quite a while in 'gun time'. Some report better shooting at some speed with the P09 over the Shadow series. That's elephant grass. And cheap.

Ergonomics. The P series generally retains the grip angle and SOME of the feel, but the P series is MUCH slimmer. IMHO its a bit too slim, but it allows even medium sized hands to really wrap around the grip and gain leverage. The slide sits lower than other hammer guns, BUT is NOT as low as the Glock. However, because the P09 is balanced the way it is, has the longer slide - the combo feels SOOOO easy on the recoil and stays right on target. The slim grip also allows you to hit the mag release VERY easily for a button gun - buttons suck compared to paddles, but on the P series CZ it is easier than most. The slide released is BLOCKED by the decocker. If you run a safety this is less of an issue. Many apply their off hand thumb upon reload and its big and easy to activate. The 'midget' slide serrations are VERY good, and allow the BEST slide manipulation of any CZ hammer gun. Overall it has a good set of ergonomics.

Trigger. On the whole the Omega triggers in the P series are pretty mediocre and lack refinement. I have bought P series guns with very smooth good triggers that really did not need any tweaking, but I did some spring swaps anyway. I bought one that was absolutely horrible. It went back to CZ - they replaced the hammer strut and polished it. After several hundred more rounds, and CGW springs, and SR Kit, it is VERY nice. They CAN be made very good to excellent. Enter Cajun Gunworks. Oberall, the 75 series has a better DA trigger, but the Omega seems to have a better SA. ALL CZs are generally easy to shoot well, but the triggers are NOT on par with a SIG - like the SP 2022. After Cajunizing, the best are REALLY good and exhibit light short DA pulls, but that takes buying the gun IN person and some cajunizing.
    Last edited by m4brian; 10-19-18 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    I have Glocks and CZ's. Reliability...same; Cost...CZ less expensive (in my area); Accuracy... CZ WAAAY SUPERIOR! Aftermarket items...CZ's don't require instant change of sights, Glocks do; otherwise Glock wins in the ubiquitous after market items. P-07 out shoots G17, G34 and G19, plus its that 'cool' grey color :-) As said, your mileage may vary, but this has been my experience in my sample of one.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone quantify cz accuracy?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Can anyone quantify cz accuracy?
    The two I've seen came with a target printout from the factory.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast