Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot timer . . . which one?

Feedback Score

Shot timer . . . which one?

I've got a 25 year old Pact timer that doubles as a chronograph. Still works but I'm looking for something smaller/simpler. Considered the Pact Club III but some of the reviews have me concerned.

What seems to be the most reliable timer in use for training?
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Pact club 3 that I have been using for about a year. Very easy to use and to read, and I have had zero issues with it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve used a Pact Club 2 for about 8 years. Love it, no issues. Not sure what’s different with the Club 3, but if I had to buy a new timer, I’d definitely look at what they offer first.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    My pocket pro 2 has been great.
    If I was buying again Id check the Pact 3 out... but no complaints about the pocket pro.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Pocket pro 2 or club 3. Amazon runs the pro 2 for $105 regularly which seems to be one of the better prices going.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Happy with the CE Pocket Pro 2 for my personal use.

At work we used CE Pro-Timers - we had a Pro-Timer III that lasted a decade; the Pro-Timer IV's that replaced it and the PACT Clubs (Glock Branded - laid down the first year) were still going strong.

As I said, we had two Glock Branded Clubs that did not last.

We used timers fairly hard, several times during firearms training putting each student officers went through our standards drills - some more than others LOL - plus a lot of split taking during regular training with pistols and shotguns. Usually about 250 - 300 student officers a year.

The CE's were so solid that when I retired and could no longer 'borrow' the work timers I didn't hesitate to buy a Pocket Pro.

Just my experiences.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have a PACT Club 3 and its worked mostly ok for a year. When I was shopping for one, none of them got glowing reviews, but the PACT has worked pretty well, including dropping it a few times. It doesn't pick up suppressed shots very well though.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys!

Went with the CE Pocket Pro Timer II from Amazon at $105.29.

Feedback Score
    Pocket Pro Update:

Screen failure

CompElect 1.jpg

I hate it when I get the rotten egg!

Ordered from Amazon and still within the return window. Will be contacting Competition Electronics first and will report back the results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast