Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot timer . . . which one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Shot timer . . . which one?

I've got a 25 year old Pact timer that doubles as a chronograph. Still works but I'm looking for something smaller/simpler. Considered the Pact Club III but some of the reviews have me concerned.

What seems to be the most reliable timer in use for training?
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Pact club 3 that I have been using for about a year. Very easy to use and to read, and I have had zero issues with it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve used a Pact Club 2 for about 8 years. Love it, no issues. Not sure what’s different with the Club 3, but if I had to buy a new timer, I’d definitely look at what they offer first.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    My pocket pro 2 has been great.
    If I was buying again Id check the Pact 3 out... but no complaints about the pocket pro.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Pocket pro 2 or club 3. Amazon runs the pro 2 for $105 regularly which seems to be one of the better prices going.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Happy with the CE Pocket Pro 2 for my personal use.

At work we used CE Pro-Timers - we had a Pro-Timer III that lasted a decade; the Pro-Timer IV's that replaced it and the PACT Clubs (Glock Branded - laid down the first year) were still going strong.

As I said, we had two Glock Branded Clubs that did not last.

We used timers fairly hard, several times during firearms training putting each student officers went through our standards drills - some more than others LOL - plus a lot of split taking during regular training with pistols and shotguns. Usually about 250 - 300 student officers a year.

The CE's were so solid that when I retired and could no longer 'borrow' the work timers I didn't hesitate to buy a Pocket Pro.

Just my experiences.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just as a heads up to those who have had issues with the pact club 3. Mins also went on the fritz and was tracking really weird split times. Turns out there’s a sensitivity dial under the battery. I turned the sensitivity down and fixed the issue.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.g View Post
    Just as a heads up to those who have had issues with the pact club 3. Mins also went on the fritz and was tracking really weird split times. Turns out there’s a sensitivity dial under the battery. I turned the sensitivity down and fixed the issue.
    Was yours also recording incorrect number of shots? I'm on my second Pact Club 3 now and its doing the same thing...crazy split times and adding number of shots. Will turn down the sensitivity to see if that solves things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Was yours also recording incorrect number of shots? I'm on my second Pact Club 3 now and its doing the same thing...crazy split times and adding number of shots. Will turn down the sensitivity to see if that solves things.
    Hope that works. I've seen timers that would register at some point during the start BEEP as if the BEEP was one of the shots. Some people who were not experienced enough to figure it out were confused quite a bit.
    I've had the Pocket Pro for quite a while and been happy with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast