Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apparently the Canik TP9 is such a good PPQ clone....

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Caniks are cerakoted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, Canik OEMs a lot of the Walther parts for them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    I was unaware of this. I haven't been able to spend a ton of time online recently, do you have any thoughts on the SFX version with optics cut? I have been considering on to see how I like a red dot on a pistol

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    Source for this info? I find it hard to believe the esteemed Carl Walther out of Germany would use parts made in the third world by Canik.

Feedback Score
    Turkey is technically a 1st world country (democratic and industrialized), though it hangs at the bottom peg of democratic. I don't find it hard to believe at all that Walther would use parts made in Turkey as Turkish firearm quality is great and the manufacturing costs are way less than they are in socialized refugee packed Germany. What I find hard to believe is that Walther would let the same people producing parts for them clone their gun and sell it without consequence. I have no reason to doubt, but I'd also like to know the source of this information.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use canik tp55 mags made by meggar for my ppq m2 navy model.

14.99 each 18 rd and 20 rd..

Instead of 40..

Opens and locks on last round..no issues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What about the triggers? Is the Canik trigger as nice as the Walther trigger, which is pretty much unmatched in polymer framed pistols?

Does the Canik TP40 choke on half the available 40S&W loadings like the 40S&W Walther PPQ does? Does Canik's customer service suck as bad as Walther's?
    ???

My Canik TP9 SFx trigger is crisp and a bit heavier than my PPQ M1 40. The PPQ is too light for self defense imo but I'm sure if it were my only gun I could train around it. I could measure both if you like. I forget exactly what they measured. I was actually looking to buy a Q5 Match and decided to go with the SFx after trying both side by side.

My PPQ 40 eats everything I've ever ran through it.

Maybe you are having a bad time with Walther CS but I had a Streamlight mounted on mine. I was at the range & and the small front rail stop broke off of the frame launching my flashlight downrange. Walther replaced the entire gun no questions asked. Shipped it right to my house.

[edit....]

A friend of mine is a Walther rep. Started there after I had bought my PPQ. I'll try to get some answers to the questions in this thread.
    Last edited by Hop; 10-28-18 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    I would definitely appreciate your friend’s help. It blows me away that they deny there’s a problem with the pistol when the chatter marks on the barrel are plain to see. Having a carry pistol that I can’t use is lame, but I won’t sell it knowing that someone else might bet their life on it.

Feedback Score
    I think any service work for Caniks are still done thru Century correct?

Seems like CZs and Walthers get copied more than any other brand, that says a lot.

Years ago I owned a Bersa Thunder hicap, not the blowback .380 PPK clone but a locked breech 9mm copy of a Walther P-88. Other than a gritty trigger it was pretty good clone and at the time it was cheap.

I will give props to the ergonomics for the new Walthers, I just picked up a PPQ .22 rimfire and it fits like it was custom made for my hand. I sold my old PPS M1 earlier this year (great gun but I just went for the Shield 9mm more often) but now I'm thinking about a PPS m2 or PK380.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    I think any service work for Caniks are still done thru Century correct?

Seems like CZs and Walthers get copied more than any other brand, that says a lot.

Years ago I owned a Bersa Thunder hicap, not the blowback .380 PPK clone but a locked breech 9mm copy of a Walther P-88. Other than a gritty trigger it was pretty good clone and at the time it was cheap.

I will give props to the ergonomics for the new Walthers, I just picked up a PPQ .22 rimfire and it fits like it was custom made for my hand. I sold my old PPS M1 earlier this year (great gun but I just went for the Shield 9mm more often) but now I'm thinking about a PPS m2 or PK380.

Avoid the PK380.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast