Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a 9mm

Feedback Score
    S&W M&P 2.0.... great gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm in the camp with either Glock or Smith.

I am really liking my 19X, have only put a couple hundred through it, but it is the most accurate stock Glock I've had.

I also really like my M&P 2.0 5 inch. I have over 5,000 rounds through it and haven't had a lick of problem, other than the hard to activate slide catch which I fixed.

I'd choose on of those simply because they are mainstream brands and support is everywhere.

Personally, I'd go with the Glock 19X.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you're already a 1911 guy, why not get another 1911??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As you can see by all the previous posts, few Glock 19/17 fans on the forum. They have a hard earned reputation for always going bang when you need it. Light and do very well for a CCW pistol. However you mentioned that you had shot them and was not a big fan ( your not alone, lots of folks don't like to shoot the Glocks.) For that reason I would take a look at the M&P9 2.0 or for a little more coin maybe a Sig P320. I am old school so i still prefer DA pistols for SD, and the P229 was a good size and weight for me. But those are probably in the $700-$800 dollar range for a lightly used P229 in 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS
    CZ P07

Those are the two I'd be picking between.

SP2022, P30, PPQ are the next set I'd look at.

The 5.19 MOS is a nearly perfect firearm.

Feedback Score
    Research Sig Sauer's P938. Full house 9mm, sub compact, dead nuts accurate, totally reliable, best "pocket pistol" out there. I've bought four- two for me, and the other two, to a family member. Get the 7rd mags, so you have one in the spout, for 8rds. Single action only, ambidextrous thumb safety. Think of it as a pint sized 1911... I've had many pistols in the last half century, but these are my favorites, and what I carry daily... Federal 147gr HST is optimal.

Good Luck,

One&Done

Feedback Score
    For the price point you have set, get an S&W M&P 9mm and dont look back.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    M&p 2.0.

For Da/sa Beretta PX4 or M92.

Have had all the above.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If your 1911 points well for you, then so should a S&W M&P M2.0 Compact. An Apex sear and spring set will likely give it a trigger to rival (with more take-up) your 1911.

I've only put A couple hundred rounds through my M2.0 5 inch, but it's working very well. I'm still in load development, but I'm getting 2" at 15 yards with Gold Dots and I'll likely improve on that. It's not in the same league as my 1911s (and even the Glock), but it's good enough.
    Last edited by grizzman; 10-19-18 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Either a G19 of whatever flavor you like or a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact. I carried a G19 Gen4 for a couple of years. It's accurate and reliable. I've probably put at least 5000 rounds through it and didn't have any issues. I recently relegated it to being a nightstand weapon after I picked up a M&P 9mmC 2.0. Regardless either are very good weapons.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast