Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a 9mm

Feedback Score
    Glock 45 and a SCD. Done.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One&Done View Post
    The reason I choose, is what I carry. Two Sig Sauer P226 TACOPS. The P226 has proven itself on battlefields, both military and civilian, all over the world. Good enough for the US Navy SEALS, means it's certainly good enough for me... I ALWAYS by the best, as life is too short, and too precious, to go cheap...
    That. I'll freely admit I'm a Sig fan. I carried them on duty for years. My life HAS depended on them. With that said... If I only could have ONE handgun to carry through whatever life could throw at me, I'd grab my P226, call it a day and still sleep very well that night .

For the OP... If price is an issue, there are many good LEO trade-in deals out there on P226s. Most of these have not been fired much and just have holster wear. When you get by the cosmetics, they are "usually" still in 95%-100% mechanical condition if you don't want to buy new.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Same can be said for all guns. Comes down to what you want. Personally, aside from night sights, I never modify any guns. I either like them the way they are or don't buy them

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Not really, a very large % of Glock owners change sights, remove the finger grooves from the old gen models, modify triggers etc. The PPQ I found to be more accurate than the g19/g17. PO7, and VP9. As the expression goes, to each his own...or is it your mileage may vary :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Not really, a very large % of Glock owners change sights, remove the finger grooves from the old gen models, modify triggers etc. The PPQ I found to be more accurate than the g19/g17. PO7, and VP9. As the expression goes, to each his own...or is it your mileage may vary :-)
    Just like I'm sure a large % of PPQ owners change out stuff too.

That's exactly what Im saying....."comes down to what you want".

I think far too many people focus on the small, and in the bigger picture, insignificant details instead of just shooting. And I'm by no means any different.
    Last edited by Arik; 11-05-18 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    The huge aftermarket available to Glock lures people into blowing time and money on crap. They change stuff because they can, not because they should. What is the comparative aftermarket for the PPQ? Is that why there is “nothing to modify?”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP: The P series CZ does allow the switching to a manual safety, and brings a 1911 guy a good SA trigger and it is easy to switch. The P07 is a good gun, G19 sized. very reliable and accurate.
    Last edited by m4brian; 11-07-18 at 06:44.

Feedback Score
    If the original poster hasn't picked up that pistol yet ... CZ 75 makes a great choice. Of the many 9s I have been through, this is the one that just feels right! That makes a bigger difference than anything else, does it feel right in your hand.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So from this thread, you now have a list of pistols to go to the range and try out and see what fits you and what you like best. That is my suggestion; go through this list try, out a handful that have been listed and see which you like, shoot and feels the best. With that said...shoot more than 50 rounds, I am talking 150-200 in a single session to see how you feel after a few mags with it.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Well I'll throw my $0.02 into it.

1) HK P30/P30L. Pick a V3 (DA/SA) or one of the LEMs, whichever you like best. Note that the P30 is the size of a G19.
    2) M&P 2.0 is very hard to beat for a striker fired gun. Ergos like a 1911 and excellent value per dollar spent.
    3) Walther PPQ is right up there with the HK. Best striker fired trigger out of the box I've ever handled and accuracy right there with HK. Give it a look.
    4) Sig P226 but get a used one that was built before 2005'ish. They are solid as granite. The newer ones, not so much.
    5) Gen 5 Glock 17 or 19.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to give an update. I ended up taking home a M&P 2.0 Compact. I liked the ergos and it fit into my budget. I think everyone gave great recommendations. Hopefully I can buy a few more recommendations from this list one day. Best forum on the internet.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast