Thread: How can a fully transferable full auto Micro Uzi exist?

Feedback Score

How can a fully transferable full auto Micro Uzi exist?

I thought that the Micro Uzi came out in 1986. How can a full auto one be available for sale?
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/787808758

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Uzi pistol came first, in 1984. Once in the US, some of those were converted to full-auto. The factory Micro Uzi machinegun came second, in 1986. I don't know if any pre-May Micros came in the US prior to 922(o).

I know there's legit transferables, because I used to own one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You take a full auto Uzi Pistol and modify it into a micro.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    You take a full auto Uzi Pistol and modify it into a micro.
    I've heard of full sized Uzis being converted to minis, but not full sized being converted to micros.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't believe it was a full size, it is roll marked as a pistol and the box it comes in is a pistol box. I suspect it is a pistol conversion.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    A mini-Uzi bolt will fit in a micro Uzi..the main difference is there is a special notch to engage the cocking handle on top of the micro bolt. If you have a registered mini bolt, you can do the cocking handle mod and use it in the micro. You can still use it in the mini, too, if you mod the cocking handle engagement bits on the mini.

More than a few of the micros you see are bolt guns, and I believe there are a few registered sears as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As clever nickname mentioned, the micro was imported as a semiauto pistol prior to 86. A good number were convert d to FA prior to the ban. The mini UZI was imported after 86, hence the only transferable minis are either registered bolt cut to fit the mini or full-size UZI concerted to mini.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT