Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 and 6.8 new official calibers for Big Green?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I was speaking in terms of the calibers and such, but fair points. I don't know much about that tech.
    But they are one in the same, you arent getting one without the other.

What the 6.8mm round will end up looking like

Last edited by vicious_cb; 10-21-18 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 19:19.

Feedback Score
    I’m a materials guy. A plastic that is stable and won’t degrade and at the same time will ignite and burn and won’t foul the gun.....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    maybe I am over estimating the size of these rounds, but it seems they are twice as big as a conventional brass cased round...

So they are being designed to save weight, yet they are, again without measurements, twice as large.

So instead of 1 ammo can, you need to carry 2. Or instead of 1 pallet you need 2.

I dont know if weight vs. volume is a good trade off.
    Last edited by rjacobs; 10-22-18 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    But they are one in the same, you arent getting one without the other.

That end looks like it would collect crap and muddlike crazy. They need to circumcise that thing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lol nobody is saving any weight. The only result of reducing the weight of something joe has to carry only means joe will now carry something additional. Big green never goes backwards in this regard.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This whole thing seems like it's just another OICW: A technology concept that, after millions of dollars spent, is going to get cancelled as they find that the end product is going to be too expensive and creates more issues than it solves.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Engineering...only thing I can think of is a fixed ejector at the 8:00 and a long extractor at the 5:00 to pull out the case and facilitate removal from the chamber.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    IMHO the caseless/poly/telescoping/etc. ammo isn't ready for primetime yet. That's what a lot of these proposals seem to revolve around.
    They have been working on this since the HK G11 back in the 80's; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_G11 They've had 30 years to get the Technology perfected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast