Thread: Sig Kilo 1200?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sig Kilo 1200?

Does anyone have experience with a Sig Kilo 1200?

Unobstructed views in my area would maybe be 800 yards tops if even that, unusual to even be able to see from one mile marker to the next due to hills, cliff lines, vegetation and so on.

The 2200 would be cool, but isn't really some thing I would be able to benefit on distance from unless there is something superior about their durability or ease of use.

Feedback Score
    Is there a big difference in the price? I picked up a Kilo2000 for like $320 and while I don’t have the need for that much range where I live now, but where I grew up I could easily top it out without problem.

If it’s an option, why not get the one that has a more top end than you need now so that down the road you aren’t regretting it? Again, that’s if it’s within your budget. Also, functionally the Sig has worked great so far.

Here is a link to another thread going on now about range finders as well:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Finder-Advice
    Last edited by SavageBrew84; 10-23-18 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah that thread was where I learned Sig was making range finders. Not a clue since I hadn't looked their direction for anything since most hands on reviews of their pistols are typically iffy at best. Had been mulling Leupold (been around awhile and good experience with them) and Vortex (usually good reviews and outstanding warranty when the rare initial purchase has issues) prior to seeing that thread last night.

Found the 1200's for $169 delivered and looks like they are good to at least twice the distance of anywhere I have been shooting/hunting. I try to buy stuff planning ahead, but I honestly don't see anything on the horizon where I would be able to use a range finder capable of a mile+. Just wanting to make sure the 1200 vs. 2200 is like a 6920 vs CCU and not a 6920 vs. Expanse set of differences.

It's similar to my finding 6.5 Creedmoor and .224 Valkyrie performance really neat, but the max ranges I can shoot now aren't a problem for the arrows, just the Indian needs more practice in my case

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just keep in mind a 1200 yard finder will laser out to that in ideal conditions. Typically you want to double your range needs in case its cloudy etc. Sig does make a great LRF. Go for it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Just keep in mind a 1200 yard finder will laser out to that in ideal conditions. Typically you want to double your range needs in case its cloudy etc. Sig does make a great LRF. Go for it.

PB
    What I am finding indicates cloudy/low light extends effective range whole clear and sunny reduces it. Did you mean foggy?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    my limited understanding is it is reflection. Cloudy low light will reduce performance vs sunny and clear. Foggy would reduce it. Its almost like if its harder for you to see, its harder for the laser. On a very bright day with sun at your back, you can often go further than laser suggest if its a bright shiny object your are lasering. The object also makes it a factor.

Sometimes, I will hit the side of a hill that is shiny if the animal is in the bushes / tress in the shade. That way I get a reading. Just go outside and play with it around your house and you will figure it out.

Hope that helps.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-24-18 at 10:48.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok yeah that does make sense. My biggest thing is hills/trees in my line of sight.

Found a review on the 1200 and it looks like it would be more than adequate for my needs. Not sure if the model is new, limited run, or getting phased out from looking for info and the few number of places selling it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Those are common problems. I think they have mode that may help that issue. Its a great laser
    Congrats

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finally found it on Sig's site....like working a puzzle.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/kilo1200-4x20-mm.html

Going on the assumption they are new. Got one ordered(backordered) so should have it in a week and a half if all goes well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got the 1200 much earlier than expected. From what I was able to play. around with it this evening I think it will suit my needs well. Longest shot I could see came up at a bit over 600 yards for a roof top.

I don't have any experience with super high end optics, but the 4x magnifier in it surprised me on clarity.