Thread: Which BCM 11.5” Upper To Go With?

Feedback Score

Which BCM 11.5” Upper To Go With?

I have an ADM UIC Complete Lower Receiver with an SBA3 Pistol Brace. I’m wanting to get a BCM 11.5” Upper to mate with it. Problem is, I don’t know which one to go with. Either the ELW, ELW-F, Standard Govt, or BFH Govt. Price isn’t really a concern but saving a few bucks is always a plus. Saving weight is good with the ELW or the ELW-F. Basically would be a defensive AR Pistol that I could go out to the range, shoot targets, and practice drills with. Won’t be using it too hard or putting massive rounds down range at one time but would like it durable enough to take a beating and be a workhorse.

Feedback Score
    I just put together an AR pistol. I normally like a heavier barrel for all my weapons but I decided to get the ELW-F complete upper from BCM and couldn't be more pleased! The low weight feeling is tremendous. It makes the "pistol" very easy to maneuver with and quicker to get on target. (for me anyway)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Barrel profile of the ELW is what sold it for me.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    BFH ELW if available, if not, ELW-F. Very few reasons to not go with an enhanced profile barrel.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    BFH ELW if available, if not, ELW-F. Very few reasons to not go with an enhanced profile barrel.
    I don’t think BCM has an 11.5” BFH ELW so I’ll probably go with the ELW-F. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Well, Bravo certainly has quite a few options in 11.5" barrels.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have an ELW-F 11.5" for about 2 years now, it's awesome.

I shoot it suppressed mostly with a Saker-K, over 1K through it and it's my main HD / pest control rifle - so I don't hammer it regularly but it's gets into the rifle training mix every couple of months and I don't baby it when it is.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 10-21-18 at 20:08.