Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: In praise of my favorite gun, my Beretta 92G-SD

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I will. I haven’t been shooting it as much lately but I have shot it a good bit since I last posted about it.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

In praise of my favorite gun, my Beretta 92G-SD

Had my BrigTac out today for a bit. I’ve got to agree with you Greg, these Beretta’s are phenomenal. Both my BrigTac and SD have been rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Man that is nice. Along those lines I was THIS CLOSE to ordering a Langdon with night sights. Thank God the free trigger job offer has past, so now I can resist. My credit card is in bad shape!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    An LTT Elite is on my short list, cannot decide if I want the night sights or fiber optic though. I can’t abide a pistol that doesn’t shoot to the sights, so the fiber optic front being a Dawson Precision part will probably get the nod. I can get different heights to regulate zero at 25 yards to shoot to the top of the front sight. I find that gives a zero where I drive the dot closer in, and can utilize the top of the front sight post to make longer shots by taking a 6-o’ clock hold at 25 yards, and then figuring out my holds to 100 yards based on the ammo.

I know for sure I want the trigger work, and NP3. Tempted to go for the carry bevel to also get the Cerakote slide. I wonder if Ernest will ship the pistol with your choice of grips installed? I want his grips but not in black, prefer the black cherry, grey, and green in that order.

I get my profit sharing bonus from ye old BNSF Railway in January.... I think I know how it will be utilized. Any reason I shouldn’t? Talk me out of it. I want to carry appendix (yeah a 92 is big but I might be able to make it work), and therefore want a DA/SA pistol for enhanced safety margin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I FINALLY got another Vertec.
    All I want is an M9A3, a 92G SD, and a Samurai Edge and I can die a content and well lived man

I like my Glocks and they are bae but, Berettas can be plenty accurate. The only people who whine about their size and weight are Hobbits
    Last edited by Firefly; 11-25-18 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I made a couple of small changes to my LTT

12# mainspring
    Beretta slotted grip screws
    I have a big match in Jan so I will just be messing with 1911/Revolver till then.

Hopefully my Warbird Range holster will be done.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 11-25-18 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I FINALLY got another Vertec.
    All I want is an M9A3, a 92G SD, and a Samurai Edge and I can die a content and well lived man

I like my Glocks and they are bae but, Berettas can be plenty accurate. The only people who whine about their size and weight are Hobbits

I only own 1 Beretta but it is an M9A3. I love it. It is not a G model but that does not matter since I have the kit for it. And it drops in!
    I also put a Beretta Inox solid stainless guide rod in it. I like the fact that front and rear sights can be changed, I like the standard rail so I can mount a light or a laser, the threaded barrel, D spring, and the comical FDE finish! The vertec grip is cool as is the checkering.

I would like a heavier slide though. The brigadier slide is epic.
    I have a full spring kit for it and lots of recoil springs and a locking block kit too. I am keeping it forever. Smooth, accurate and also (to me) hilarious in appearance. I think if you like 92 series guns it is a must own. I like the other 92 series guns too and the grip is perfect for me. The vertec is a bit on the small side but the angle is fantastic as is the checkering so I don't use the houge grip.

Highly recommended. Also the original poster chose.....wisely.
    Last edited by cistercian; 12-01-18 at 21:43.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Still my favorite blaster. I have picked up fancy 1911s and a short lived fling with a Glock and a CZ p10, but this remains the only 9mm pistol I have any real interest it. I just did a quick scan of my logs and it looks like I am a little bit north of 12k (this is probably an underestimate, but I am far too lazy to go through my log and I often forget to add rounds I fire) now with a steady diet of steel garbage. A month or so ago I used a steel wool pad to rub the rest of the finish off the barrel so I could save my self the expense of buying a Langdon.

This gun is an amazing shooter, and only fights with my USP 45 as my beside the bed blaster.

IMG_7613 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Yeah dude. The M9/92 and derivatives are my firearm soulmates. I like the barrel finish you’ve got going on there.

Last edited by Outlander Systems; 12-15-19 at 19:10.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Still my favorite blaster. I have picked up fancy 1911s and a short lived fling with a Glock and a CZ p10, but this remains the only 9mm pistol I have any real interest it. I just did a quick scan of my logs and it looks like I am a little bit north of 12k (this is probably an underestimate, but I am far too lazy to go through my log and I often forget to add rounds I fire) now with a steady diet of steel garbage. A month or so ago I used a steel wool pad to rub the rest of the finish off the barrel so I could save my self the expense of buying a Langdon.
    This gun is an amazing shooter, and only fights with my USP 45 as my beside the bed blaster.

IMG_7613 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    My biggest gripe is finding compatible holsters. I have several, I just don’t really care for them. What are you using?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast