Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In praise of my favorite gun, my Beretta 92G-SD

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've always like the 92.

The grip is the same size as a Glock 19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The G-SD was one of my grail guns. I had pretty much given up on finding one, then the Brig-Tac came out, so I bought one. A few months later, an SD showed up on GB, so it lives with me now. I love it, but my M9-A3G is quickly approaching the same level of affection. I'm always on the lookout for another.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nothing but love for the Beretta 92 platform. I had a 92FS Brig back in the mid-90s, stupidly sold it to buy something else. Just replaced it with a 92A1 with LTT grips and TJIAB. It's amazing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Excellent, I too was looking forward to an update on that blaster! I love my 92, love the mags, love shooting it, it's perfect. I need to get mine out this weekend and warm it up!!

Feedback Score
    I've been meaning to take my 92F out. It was the first pistol I ever bought and the only one I owned for quite some time, so it got shot a lot. Over 16k though it. Lately, not as much but she'll always hold a special place in my safe.

I really do need to take her out again.

Feedback Score
    Good stuff Greg, and bonus points for being dog approved.

Beretta noobish question for you though if I may, (or anyone else for that matter), is there anything other than the beefier slide, decock only, rarity (only recently discovered this) features that make this model more desirable than say a 92/M9A1/A3, or the Wilson? It has been ALOT of years since I really paid attention to Berettas.

Reason for asking is that my consolidation plan has me streamlining down to pretty much 1911's and revolvers, I do think I should have at least one or two 'hi-cap wonder nines" and would prefer a metal framed gun since 99% of its use will be fun at the range/nostalgia cool factor, night stand duty.

Thanks for taking the time to post this up, always appreciate your perspective.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Norseman:

I'm not Greg. But as a long time owner of a G-SD since early 2004 I think I can help.

Your assessment is correct. The SD also has interchangeable front sight as it uses a dovetail, partial grip checkering on the front strap and back strap, beveled magazine well, tritium night sights. Those features are not available on the plain 92FS. I believe the lower frame assembly of the M9A1 is the same as the G-SD.

The A3 has the Vertec grip frame and slide, of course it has the threaded barrel.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Sam, that is helpful. Guess that explains why this particular variation seems to be pretty coveted and not as easily found, at least by my cursory research so far. I guess it also explains why Wilson did what they did, that's a pretty solid feature set on the G-SD.

thanks again.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    In a way, the G-SD is a poor man's version of the Wilson's Brigadier Tactical.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    In a way, the G-SD is a poor man's version of the Wilson's Brigadier Tactical.
    Ironically, the Wilson seems to be the cheaper alternative, which is bizzaro world to me. but admittedly have only looked at a couple of places.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast