Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In praise of my favorite gun, my Beretta 92G-SD

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    How do you figure that? the SD's price is a little over $1000 and the Brigadier Tactical is $1195 for the base model.

Any place that try to sell the SD over $1K is obviously jacking up the price.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    How do you figure that? the SD's price is a little over $1000 and the Brigadier Tactical is $1195 for the base model.

Any place that try to sell the SD over $1K is obviously jacking up the price.
    Apparently a little more due diligence is needed on my part.

Armslist was the first to pop up on my initial search and had one listed for $1200, but after going back and looking at the listing again it appears to be an older listing which I did not catch the first go around. Now that I have dug a little bit more the prices are in line with what you said with 1K-ish being the norm, but most show out of stock.

I will keep digging though, thanks again.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Be patience in your search. You can find new SDs for around $1K and maybe used ones in the 900s. You can also find used Wilson Brigadier Tactical for $200 or more less than the new price tag.

Of course if you just got to have one today, sure, pay $1200 - 1400, it's only money right?

I'm waiting for Greg to sell me his for $250 when he needs money to pay his property tax.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, not in a huge hurry, this thread just happened to be conveniently timed with one of the possibles I am currently looking at/comparing so thought I would ask for some points from those more knowledgeable than me on the Beretta front. Plus I need to sell a handful first, not for the funding per se, just to keep on task. If I bought right now, I know my idiot self would go into "new shiny bobble" mode and loose motivation to cull the heard.

Thanks again Sam. I will pull back now and hopefully gather more nuggets from you Beretta guru's.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    92G-SDs are very hard to find and seemed to be priced crazy. I think Beretta may have quit making them once they started pushing out the Wilson badged guns. If you like the skinny trigger guard and the (to me, pointlessly) shortened barrel then the Wilson is a better value in the current market. Plus the Wilson has fancy grips. No question, I would not pay extra to get the SD. Between the two, if the price is the same, I prefer the SD (and since I sold Sam my old Wilson I have experience with both) mainly because I prefer the beefier frame on the SD with the thicker trigger guard, etc and the standard barrel.

And of course there is this sexy thing...https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt/
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I haven't shot it, but Friday is supposed to be a nice day

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Those are some big hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post

I was wondering how that grip would work on the Beretta. My right thumb gets abraded by the slide serrations on my 1911 when I use the thumb high grip.
    Not sure if I need to shoot more and develop a callus, or modify my grip.

Feedback Score
    Damn you people, stop posting sexy pictures of Beretta 92 G’s.

I’m not supposed to buy anymore guns this year.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I had a stainless Target Springer 1911 9mm (years ago) and the serrations were sharp and abraded my thumb.

I learned to move my thumb slightly away from the slide.

my problem with beretta is my trigger finger contacts my support hand and my primary hand will get cut by the non ejection side of the beavertail.

I will try and over come both.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast