Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In praise of my favorite gun, my Beretta 92G-SD

Feedback Score
    It takes some big mitts to make a 92 series look like a sub compact pistol.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_d_33 View Post
    Those are some big hands!
    Wow, you're right, those are some man hands, made the 92 look 25% smaller. LOL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    92G-SDs are very hard to find and seemed to be priced crazy. I think Beretta may have quit making them once they started pushing out the Wilson badged guns. If you like the skinny trigger guard and the (to me, pointlessly) shortened barrel then the Wilson is a better value in the current market. Plus the Wilson has fancy grips. No question, I would not pay extra to get the SD. Between the two, if the price is the same, I prefer the SD (and since I sold Sam my old Wilson I have experience with both) mainly because I prefer the beefier frame on the SD with the thicker trigger guard, etc and the standard barrel.

And of course there is this sexy thing...https://www.langdontactical.com/92-elite-ltt/
    Thanks Greg, duly noted.

That Langdon is pretty slick, hmmmm..........

Feedback Score
    JFC.

If you have to pinky finger dangle a full sized 92 like it is a Glock 26,
    I can’t imagine what subcompacts look like in your hands.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    here is my G19. I need to figure out how to do a Jarvis high front strap cut to give me a tad more grip.

Feedback Score
    You need to buy a Langdon LTT! It is money!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    You need to buy a Langdon LTT! It is money!
    I need a Langdon 92, so nice!!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    200 more rounds of sweet sweet Tula down range. Plus 50 rounds through ol' Petunia.Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I have two of the big Berettas, the 92S and the M9...love both of them, but rarely carry them concealed. They are a big gun, but so wonderful to shoot. OP, yours is a beautiful pistol...like your dog too!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I just don't care for the plastic striker guns. I do, however still love my 1911. I shoot my B92G faster, and more accurately. I ran a lot of ammo through different guns, and for me the B92 kept coming up on top.

That being said, I don't carry autoloaders daily. My daily carry is a regular old J-frame with laser grips. Being self employed and a city court solicitor I can carry my handgun pretty much anywhere in GA (I keep it sane, but I pretty much carry everywhere, including sitting in my recliner at home---so a J-frame is pretty much the best choice for me). The B92 is basically my beside the bed and home defense/doomsday piece.

Here she is!
    Substitute Sig 226/229 in there and delete the Esq part, that pretty much sums me up. I DO love the B92 series though and have always wanted one. Now that I have my sigs where I want them, I think the 92 will be my next addition. Yours is BEAUTIFUL.

Funny... Having basically matured with DA/SA metal framed weapons, I just shoot them much better than the plastic striker stuff. I've tried to convert to strikers, and am coming back full circle to metal DA/SA. Others mileage will vary.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast