Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluish-green patina on suppressor/mount

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    Is there any harm in not removing it? I have it on both suppressed and non suppressed guns but never thought anything of it.
    Not sure about the CQB, but on the NT4, I always just scraped it when it got really thick and looked like it was filling in the grooves. Unsuppressed guns, I just leave it.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I see this a lot. Never put much thought in cleaning it off as it doesn't seem to effect performance. Plus, most of the places you'll find it are difficult to clean.

Feedback Score
    Verdigris is a mix of copper compounds
    Copper solvent will remove it.
    You didnt see it until it sat because it was a thin layer of copper, then it reacted and is now vertigris which is much more visible.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-03-18 at 09:59.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Does it hurt any thing to just leave it alone when this happens? I’ve used a brush to knock off heavy accumulation but the thin layer on the surface of the mount I normally clean off with clp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12