Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: caravan of people

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    The caravan wants $50,000 per person extortion money to go home.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...k-each-go-home
    Cheaper in the long run....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    PC is very complicated, and has been updated by further modifications.

Are they CG with LE exceptions?
    Are they NG working for the state vs federal?
    Is JSOC in support of activities?
    Is natural disaster declared?
    Are they US Citizens?
    Etc.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The caravan wants $50,000 per person extortion money to go home.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...k-each-go-home
    Or we can not give them a dime, keep them from entering the US, and let them contract all the diseases they want living in the conditions they are currently in there in Mexico, not our problem.

In fact, I would be in talks with the Mexican President if I was in charge, telling him to make them go home and keep others like them from bothering us again in the future in exchange for some economical benefits. Let the Mexican Gov. keep people (including their own) from crossing our border in exchange for use throwing them a bone financially.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At what point can payment be made with lead?

Feedback Score
    my vote still is anyone caught illegal entering you tattoo the forehead with a huge thick "CRIMINAL"

yeah how un-humane etc.. well don't enter and it wont happen

next time they come in super super easy to know if they have tried

as far as pay them NO WAY do like the one movie was it Mel Gibson who had his kid taken got on the news and said OK instead of giving it to you I am going to give it to who ever turns you in

just say OK new rules our border will now be monitored by military and anyone entering will be shot soldier who gets the kill will get 50K

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Cheaper in the long run....
    Joking, right? We would have millions of people doing this annually if extortion payments were made.

I have an idea for solving this that wouldn't cost more than $50k total and would resolve the issue for at least a few years to come.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Joking, right? We would have millions of people doing this annually if extortion payments were made.

I have an idea for solving this that wouldn't cost more than $50k total and would resolve the issue for at least a few years to come.
    The actual solution is to address the fact that the market wants more labor...and we pay Americans to not work.

What do the overwhelming majority of illegals do when they come here? They work shit jobs for shit money, and many of them save enough to send home to their families. Does that mean it’s okay? No, but the labor markets aren’t wrong. People are coming because there is work. Work that would be and should be done by Americans.

This anti-immigration streak is wrongheaded and won’t address the problem...which is that we’ve taught generations of Americans that hard work is for brown people...and generations of northerners that brown people took the jobs that actually went to robots.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    The actual solution is to address the fact that the market wants more labor...and we pay Americans to not work.

The market may want more labor, but it doesn't want to pay what the going price should be for that labor.

What do the overwhelming majority of illegals do when they come here? They work shit jobs for shit money, and many of them save enough to send home to their families.

I know you are from Texas, and I'm sure that you have seen the multiple illegal families or illegal males living in one apartment so that they can send money home, pretty common here in Kansas.

Would you crawl up on a hot Texas roof during the summer and roof for minimum wage? Nope you wouldn't, unless you had no other option. Those roofers, those landscapers, those asphalt workers, those hod carriers, are doing rough jobs that no American will do for the wages that many of the illegals are paid.

Does that mean it’s okay? No, but the labor markets aren’t wrong. People are coming because there is work. Work that would be and should be done by Americans.

The thing that is wrong about the labor market is that it might be under, not over, regulated. The illegals will have jobs, as long as they can get here, until we:

1) Start throwing folks in jail for hiring them. A sheetrock contractor who has an American crew can't compete with another sheetrock contractor who is running an illegal crew that he isn't paying any benefits to. You can put just about any heavy anual labor job in that context.

2) Force the market to pay a higher wage. Driving down the numbers of illegal immigrants should begin to raise wages, but that alone won't do it. Wages need to go up to get people off subsidy programs. And the subsidy programs we have need to stop punishing folks who are moving up in their jobs.

Unfortunately, that will mean prices will go up, unless shareholders are willing to reign in their greedy CEO's.

This anti-immigration streak is wrongheaded and won’t address the problem...which is that we’ve taught generations of Americans that hard work is for brown people...and generations of northerners that brown people took the jobs that actually went to robots.
    I don't think being anti-immigration is wrong, what I think is wrong is turning anti-immigration beliefs into hate directed against individual immigrants.

And, because of the enmity that exists between employer and employee in many situations, a lot Americans believe that the role of the employer is to take advantage of the employee. That results in a sorry environment with no loyalty and no desire to do more than the absolute minimum.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-12-18 at 22:31.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I grew up in the %1 I had a great life as a kid and great parents but my dad made me get a job to get some spending money and learn what work was

when I was 15 I got a job as a dishwasher I think many in my school did dishwashing jobs or cut wood or worked at McDonalds really back in the late 70s early 80s those fast food places were one older manager not sure how old back them from my perspective they seemed old but sure they were like 30 but all the other workers were other kids from our school or other schools
    same thing as bag boys as they called them grocery helpers and so on all kids

I remember the dishwashing job sucked so I struck out on my own doing various things stacking wood splitting wood fixing mowers etc.. I learned a good lesson to work with my head and see things

also back then I think every friend I knew did the parents lawn !!!! their was no gardener ! they were kids the few older folks would hire local kids who would push the mower down the road and do his ! some times for free cause the parents would say its the right thing to do and the older folks would make the kid a lunch or give him a $5 anyway

the problem is our country youth does not want to work ! well unless they can start as a CEO but know way would they actually wash dishes ! or mow lawns !

not sure what went wrong

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I grew up in the %1 I had a great life as a kid and great parents but my dad made me get a job to get some spending money and learn what work was

when I was 15 I got a job as a dishwasher I think many in my school did dishwashing jobs or cut wood or worked at McDonalds really back in the late 70s early 80s those fast food places were one older manager not sure how old back them from my perspective they seemed old but sure they were like 30 but all the other workers were other kids from our school or other schools
    same thing as bag boys as they called them grocery helpers and so on all kids

I remember the dishwashing job sucked so I struck out on my own doing various things stacking wood splitting wood fixing mowers etc.. I learned a good lesson to work with my head and see things

also back then I think every friend I knew did the parents lawn !!!! their was no gardener ! they were kids the few older folks would hire local kids who would push the mower down the road and do his ! some times for free cause the parents would say its the right thing to do and the older folks would make the kid a lunch or give him a $5 anyway

the problem is our country youth does not want to work ! well unless they can start as a CEO but know way would they actually wash dishes ! or mow lawns !

not sure what went wrong
    What went wrong? 43% of kids in this country are growing up with no father in the home. Another large percentage are in divorced families and go back and forth between each family after mom and dad get remarried. You cannot build a successful society on numbers like this. Kids can't get jobs because they are bouncing back and forth between homes and have no stability. In my son's small high school graduating class of 24 there was ONE other kid in the class that was in an intact "traditional" family besides him. That kid and my son are the only two that have decent jobs and starts on a career at age 22.

I bet, given the opportunity, kids would love to work and have some normalcy. A job gives you a routine and normalcy. The problem is that parents have screwed this up these days, it's not the kid's fault. I'm all about telling an 18 yr old to get tough and figure it out, but telling that to a 13 yr old is counter productive.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast