Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: caravan of people

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    And, because of the enmity that exists between employer and employee in many situations, a lot Americans believe that the role of the employer is to take advantage of the employee. That results in a sorry environment with no loyalty and no desire to do more than the absolute minimum.
    This is perpetuated by the Communist Democratic party and the MSM and is straight out of the communist doctrine.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    my vote still is anyone caught illegal entering you tattoo the forehead with a huge thick "CRIMINAL"

yeah how un-humane etc.. well don't enter and it wont happen

next time they come in super super easy to know if they have tried

as far as pay them NO WAY do like the one movie was it Mel Gibson who had his kid taken got on the news and said OK instead of giving it to you I am going to give it to who ever turns you in

just say OK new rules our border will now be monitored by military and anyone entering will be shot soldier who gets the kill will get 50K
    I am hoping you are being hyperbolic but in case you are not, the following needs be said. We in the military are not murderers and you proposing we be used in this manner continues the propagation of the myth that we are. Not only is what you are proposing a crime against humanity under international law, it flatly violates U.S. Federal law and the law in most U.S. States.

Additionally, and I do not use this term lightly, what you have proposed fits the definition of evil. We all agree that these individuals are breaking the law, but under no circumstances should we dehumanize them to the point that the idea that slaughtering them at the border should ever be discussed, even hyperbolically. Not one item on your list would actually work, as, as long as these people are in the desperate conditions they are in they will always try to come here. Look at the Berlin Wall and people trying to escape Soviet Berlin. The Berlin Wall was much more dangerous than our U.S. Southern border, or even what you are proposing, and yet people still attempted it.

EDIT: Just to add, at this point the only thing that is going to work is locking down the border, rapidly deporting those who come here illegally, and prosecuting criminally those who hire illegal immigrants. The most important of those steps is to get rid of the monetary incentive to come to America illegally. If they can’t find work, then they won’t be able to stay here.
    Last edited by BH321; 12-13-18 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    This is perpetuated by the Communist Democratic party and the MSM and is straight out of the communist doctrine.
    Nah, it is a result of guys like 'Chainsaw' Al Dunlap and thinking of employees as resources rather than people who help them make their money.

It's because of the attitude 'I don't owe you anything but a paycheck' when in actuality the success of the company is built on the backs of the folks who spend their lives put substance to the vision.

It's because we have a surfeit of managers and a deficit of leaders.

It's because excessive greed has, in fact, changed the profit motive into something that will, in the end, topple the market.

What it isn't is the Communists, it good old fashioned Capitalists run amok.

All of which has helped the illegal immigrant to gain a foothold in our economy. Been happpening for quite some time.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-13-18 at 08:10.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    At what point can payment be made with lead?

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BH321 View Post
    I am hoping you are being hyperbolic but in case you are not, the following needs be said. We in the military are not murderers and you proposing we be used in this manner continues the propagation of the myth that we are. Not only is what you are proposing a crime against humanity under international law, it flatly violates U.S. Federal law and the law in most U.S. States.

Additionally, and I do not use this term lightly, what you have proposed fits the definition of evil. We all agree that these individuals are breaking the law, but under no circumstances should we dehumanize them to the point that the idea that slaughtering them at the border should ever be discussed, even hyperbolically. Not one item on your list would actually work, as, as long as these people are in the desperate conditions they are in they will always try to come here. Look at the Berlin Wall and people trying to escape Soviet Berlin. The Berlin Wall was much more dangerous than our U.S. Southern border, or even what you are proposing, and yet people still attempted it.

EDIT: Just to add, at this point the only thing that is going to work is locking down the border, rapidly deporting those who come here illegally, and prosecuting criminally those who hire illegal immigrants. The most important of those steps is to get rid of the monetary incentive to come to America illegally. If they can’t find work, then they won’t be able to stay here.
    OH I was not going to respond
    first we should be chatting like two buds at a BBQ smiling laughing ribbing each other so read it like that mate !!!

yeah comparing to a movie turn the demand around and make it a bounty
    so calling me evil ? sure picture me in a suit holding a bald cat with my finger up to my mouth demanding ONE MILLION DOLLARS

being triggered and using big words illegal and international crimes against humanity and then comparing it to something like the Berlin wall ? hmmmmmmm do I sense some lefty in you (read this in Mel Gibson voice from the movie) how to trigger a trigger hahahahahahaha
    kinda like that actress crying we are gassing the children at the border just like the nazis did !!!

also there is a reason Trump sent troops to our border so your whole idea of illegal and international law and such is blown out of the water !
    and no that would not be a crime against humanity either !
    many countries do put military out in airports and borders and so on !! its common enough all around the world !!!
    I remember it in Europe in the 70s going through the airports and all the military and of course my time through Central America troops are on every street corner it seems
    heck sadly our own country has turned our troops against our people on our soil !

you want evil its what is mixed in coming across those borders !!!!

having lived in Honduras I do know first hand what evil is !!!!
    my wife having a green card it can be done LEGALLY and no excuse for anyone who says they have to break the law !

and I realize why so many do want to get out of evil places and many try but sadly much of it is just for a free hand out and to take advantage the days of folks coming over and starting business and doing well integrating and contributing is less and less and many are here to just do more crime and be a burden not to contribute etc..

in the past I do think many who came here illegal there was not a good way to come legal so they had to BUT they did fit in work hard and contribute and are good folks I bet today they would have went the legal way !!!

agree on your edit BIG TIME agree truly nail those employing and that would dry it up ! but we know that would be lost votes and taxes etc.. !!!
    that happening is about as silly as me saying do what a movie did and turn it around and make it a bounty on their heads !
    Last edited by Honu; 12-13-18 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Joking, right? We would have millions of people doing this annually if extortion payments were made.

I have an idea for solving this that wouldn't cost more than $50k total and would resolve the issue for at least a few years to come.
    Of course I was kidding, but that doesn't make me wrong! Hell, $50k won't cover schooling a kid through high school in US public schools...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The illegals are job security for the unionized government employees redistributing the taxpayers wealth.End all migrant welfare and see if the parasite stop invading. Mexico doesn't have welfare.

Feedback Score
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...n-tourist-gone

A town hurting for American tourists, and blaming the migrant caravan...

Rosarito Beach is a resort town on the coast of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula. It is known as a nightlife destination for young Americans partying at dance clubs, was desolate. While winter is not generally the party season, residents and business owners warn economic activity has collapsed, reported The New York Times.

“This is not normal, it’s all empty!” said Luis Pacheco, a waiter at Papas and Beer, a popular beachside bar.

“This used to be full of people,” he said, pointing at the rows of colorful wooden chairs on the sand, devoid of sunbathers.

Businesses who depend on Americans for their livelihood blame the collapse in tourism on the recent turmoil at the border in the neighboring city of Tijuana, where a migrant caravan with thousands of people from Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and El Salvador arrived in mid-November.
    “It has been isolated incidents that have created a distorted, negative image of the border, and we are all suffering from it,” said Ricardo Argiles, the chief executive of the company that operates the Rosarito Beach Hotel, which is a frequent spot for Hollywood elites.

Millennials consider the town an exciting, more cultured alternative to Tijuana, and until recently, young Californians who flooded the beaches on weekends and holidays, enticed by nightlife, seafood, and avocados, have vanished.
    Many residents share Argiles' view that negative news reports of the caravan situation at the border have deterred millennial tourists.

The incident that frightened many Southern Californians, Argiles said, was the complete shutdown of the San Ysidro Port of Entry last November when migrants attacked the border crossing.

Since then, the Rosarito Beach Hotel has experienced a 60% drop in room occupancy, Argiles said, and the property had its worst December in several decades.

There were a few tourists who spoke with the The New York Times agreed with Argiles’s assessment of why Americans are staying away.

John Aslanyan, a pharmacist from San Diego and a regular to Rosarito, said he could not convince his fiancée to accompany him on the stay.

She was terrified, he said, that there would be a repeat of November’s border closing, a worry shared by many Californians, he added.

“This is the first time I am seeing this beach this empty,” said Aslanyan, the lone diner at a restaurant on Rosarito’s oceanfront.

Moises Espitia, an analyst with the Metropolitan Center of Economic and Business Information, a research group situated in the area, said the economic pain caused by the border’s shutdown in November severely damaged the services and tourism sector.
    The migrant caravans have usually been welcomed in Mexico. But as soon as tourism collapsed in the Baja California region, some residents have begun criticizing the migrant caravan for the loss of business.

“They came here with an arrogant attitude, demanding things, and abused the help we offered them, arguing they are fleeing violence or poverty, but we all are poor!” said Jorge Medina, a manager of the Bombay Beach nightclub in Rosarito.
    My take: Karma is a great big fat ugly bitch.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...n-tourist-gone

My take: Karma is a great big fat ugly bitch.
    But, but.... They are just nice people trying to come to this paradise that we so selfishly keep to ourselves. See:
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrants-...er-sources-say
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A long time ago, when I was in SoCal on business, I would make a run down to Rosarito to eat lobster on the beach. NoMo, not in a very long time. I don't go to Cozumel to dive any more either. Mexico can suck my big toe.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast