Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: caravan of people

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had heard that Pelosi and Schumer are directing Dem candidates campaigning for the midterms to just keep their mouths shut about the "caravan" out of fear it will cost them votes.

The footage of the horde swarming over the Mexican border, scaling or pushing down fences etc reminds me of the scenes from the last couple of years of Muslim "refugees" forcing their way through European borders. And also a zombie movie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Language is important they are not a "caravan" they are an "invading horde". What I think needs to be done is military to border, setup a POW tent camp to house them, process for terrorist to send to gitmo, all military age men send asap to Honduras (I don't care where they are from, send them all). Women and children returned to point of origin, but whatever you do keep them out of the ICE system, no claims for asylum permitted, transport should be all military not commercial. And this all needs to be done fast, also need the SCOTUS on standby squash any inference from scumbag lawyers and liberal federal judges who try to slow or stop the process. And take money from enabler countries to pay for all this.
    While I agree with your post, doesn't current law require the US to accept them if they claim asylum?? (see post #7) And why hasn't that law been changed?

https://www.cis.org/Arthur/Caravan-U...SAAEgKK2_D_BwE
    Katie Waldman, a [DHS] spokeswoman, said in a statement that the caravan was "what we see day-in and day-out at the border as a result of well-advertised and well-known catch-and-release loopholes."

"As we have said time and again, until Congress acts, we will continue to have de-facto open borders that guarantees future 'caravans' and record numbers of family units entering the country 'illegally,'" she said.
    Last edited by austinN4; 10-23-18 at 06:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dumb question: can a group is armed Patriots in similar numbers stop them? Say in the same way they with the Bureau Of Land Management in Nevada over Bundy's cows.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    While I agree with your post, doesn't current law require the US to accept them if they claim asylum?? (see post #7) And why hasn't that law been changed?

https://www.cis.org/Arthur/Caravan-U...SAAEgKK2_D_BwE
    Katie Waldman, a [DHS] spokeswoman, said in a statement that the caravan was "what we see day-in and day-out at the border as a result of well-advertised and well-known catch-and-release loopholes."

"As we have said time and again, until Congress acts, we will continue to have de-facto open borders that guarantees future 'caravans' and record numbers of family units entering the country 'illegally,'" she said.
    From what I understand of the law, you have to claim asylum in a consulate, embassy or at a point of entry. Once you cross illegally you can't seek asylum.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    From what I understand of the law, you have to claim asylum in a consulate, embassy or at a point of entry. Once you cross illegally you can't seek asylum.
    Perhaps I am confusing "catch & release" (C&R) of an illegal crossing with asylum? But then again maybe not in the case of asylum seekers not going thru proper channels and crossing illegally, which then puts them in the C&R category.

I do think the current caravan is going to motivate a lot of R voters to vote this midterm, perhaps even more so than the D voters.
    Last edited by austinN4; 10-23-18 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKjeff View Post
    Let them across the border, right into training camps funded by the money we used to send to those governments.
    After they've been trained in guerrilla warfare send them home to reform their own countries.
    Yeah, that's not worked out so well for us in the past...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Let them cross the border and step right onto either a bus a or plane and fly or bus them right back to where they came from. Use the funds that we are paying those countries to cover the deportation costs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Use the funds that we are paying those countries to cover the deportation costs.
    I would include Mexico in that since they have to cross there to get to us.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Blow the bridge !!! LOL

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Odd how this “caravan” is coinciding with our midterm elections.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast