Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: caravan of people

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Yeah, that's not worked out so well for us in the past...
    And it is better having them here?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 17:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Odd how this “caravan” is coinciding with our midterm elections.

Interesting isn't it? How do 7k-14k people travel by foot without serious logistics support? That is a lot of food and water, not to mention the human feces trail.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Reminds me of the zombie hordes in World War Z.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Yeah, that's not worked out so well for us in the past...
    I've thought of that. Maybe learn from what went wrong in the past.
    I don't know what the answer is.

It's going to be interesting...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Interesting isn't it? How do 7k-14k people travel by foot without serious logistics support? That is a lot of food and water, not to mention the human feces trail.
    That's like moving and infantry division, with out transport... Anyone with experience care to describe the needed logistics for that?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Watching some of the videos, I noticed the vast majority appear to be military-service-aged males. How many of them are actually Islamic terror agents? Just because someone claims to be from Honduras, Mexico, or fill-in-the-blank don't make it so. Are we seeing a disguised invasion in the same vein as the Muslim hordes now clogging the European countries?

Prediction: This is Trump's most important test. If he doesn't stop this invasion he will lose the respect of his base and may not win reelection. How bad this gets will also help the Red Wave keep Congress and even increase seats on election day.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Perhaps I am confusing "catch & release" (C&R) of an illegal crossing with asylum? But then again maybe not in the case of asylum seekers not going thru proper channels and crossing illegally, which then puts them in the C&R category.

I do think the current caravan is going to motivate a lot of R voters to vote this midterm, perhaps even more so than the D voters.
    Aliens apprehended at the border (either at or in between Ports of Entey) are set up for removal proceedings. If they state that they have a “credible fear” of being returned to their home country then they are assigned an asylum officer to review the case. Depending on the officer’s investigation, the alien may be given an opportunity to see an immigration judge who will make the final determination as to whether or not the alien’s fear is reasonable. If so, asylum proceedings begin. If not, the alien is removed. The aliens are generally detained throughout this process, but sometimes released on their own recognizance before a final decision is made. Over the last decade or so, credible fear statements have increased but I believe that the number of aliens granted asylum has remained relatively the same.

Are you referring to the Orders of Release under the previous administration ‘s DACA/DAPA policy? If so, that policy has been ended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    According to articles I've read they are getting support from the Mexican population - rides, water, food.

Didn't mention the feces trail, though.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If this is a Dem plan I think it is backfiring

Why?

I think that there is a difference in many people's minds between a 'gallant person risking all for a better life' and a mob descending on our border.

I believe this to be true even if the majority of folks haven't been keeping up with migration/invasion events in Europe.

Hopefully, this will be a game changer in terms of how folks view illegal entry.

The one thing I worry about when cutting of aid to G, H, E, is that it may give China an opportunity.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast