Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NcStar VISM SPA Flipdot Optic--Opinions Wanted

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Oh, you are back! No, I don't want to be told what to do. I don't want reviews of other optics. This is a narrow, pointed question about your experience with NcStar. No, I have not purchased this NcStar flipdot.
    I don't have to taste shit to know that it's nasty any more than I need first hand experience with NCSstar to know they're useless junk.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    I don't have to taste shit to know that it's nasty any more than I need first hand experience with NCSstar to know they're useless junk.
    Try not to sugar coat it! LOL. I wouldn't put a NCStar sight on a slingshot.

Feedback Score
    A wise man learns from the experience of others. A fool only wants to learn from his own.
    Isn't that sweet. Are you just a troll? Have you any experience with NcStar? Do you just live on reputation or do you do any testing or can you point to any testing? Everyone has heard the mantra "Chinese Junk". We heard that two years ago when it was Holosun. I have a Primary Arms optic designed in the USA and made in China and I can assure you it is not junk. The purpose of this thread is to learn from others. Do you have anything to teach? If not, there are a lot more windmills to joust Don Quijote.

Feedback Score
    This is the closest thing I have been able to find on a review. This guy reviews crazy-cheap optics. This is not the flipdot but a micro---SPD Micro Solar Reflex Sight VISM. It is a mixed review since the glass fell off the first one but the second one ran fine. This one does not flip so it is of no interest to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrljbOd1low

Feedback Score
    The purpose of this thread is to learn from others.
    The real purpose of this thread is to get validation for your pre-made choice.

Do you have anything to teach?
    Only to those who wish to learn. Which means not you.

BTW, I'm not the only one who is telling you your choice sucks. But it's not our money so knock yourself the **** out.

Be sure to post a glowing review here about how it went one box of ammo without breaking.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 10-25-18 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    The real purpose of this thread is to get validation for your pre-made choice.

Only to those who wish to learn. Which means not you.

BTW, I'm not the only one who is telling you your choice sucks. But it's not our money so knock yourself the **** out.

Be sure to post a glowing review here about how it went one box of ammo without breaking.
    ...........and when you have some experience with, don't hesitate to come back.

Feedback Score
    Here is a guy who bought one with actual experience (from a video on this optic).

Danno B.
    4 months ago
    I recently purchased the Vism SPD Solar Flipdot for my AR w/ rail mount. So far, so good. I've shot about 900 rds since installing it and the sight has held zero. The all metal sight is well constructed as I have banged it around while at the range w/o issues. The optic is five level adjustable. On sunny days, you don't even have to turn on the sight as it is solar powered and turns on automatically. Even under solar power, the dot is bright. The mount for this red dot allows for co-witnessing with the front iron sight and allows for quick transitioning to fixed sights should the optic fail. The sight window is huge; which allows for excellent peripheral vision to acquire new targets. For the price, this is a decent sighting system for the "Harry homeowner" rifle owners--not for the JSOC/DEVGRU operators taking care of business abroad. For the price, one's is going to be hard pressed to find a sturdy all-metal system for around $100.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is a guy who bought one with actual experience (from a video on this optic).

Danno B.
    4 months ago
    I recently purchased the Vism SPD Solar Flipdot for my AR w/ rail mount. So far, so good. I've shot about 900 rds since installing it and the sight has held zero. The all metal sight is well constructed as I have banged it around while at the range w/o issues. The optic is five level adjustable. On sunny days, you don't even have to turn on the sight as it is solar powered and turns on automatically. Even under solar power, the dot is bright. The mount for this red dot allows for co-witnessing with the front iron sight and allows for quick transitioning to fixed sights should the optic fail. The sight window is huge; which allows for excellent peripheral vision to acquire new targets. For the price, this is a decent sighting system for the "Harry homeowner" rifle owners--not for the JSOC/DEVGRU operators taking care of business abroad. For the price, one's is going to be hard pressed to find a sturdy all-metal system for around $100.
    Is Harry's life worth more or less than the DEVGRU guy?

Author doesn't explain why I should be ok with something that a professional would bypass. All he does is tells me I should but not why. If his experience is an example of NcStar quality then why isn't it up to task for "operators to take care of business abroad"?

Race car drivers are professionals, they need seatbelts and good tires that grip well. "Harry homeowner"....not so much!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 10-26-18 at 04:50.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

NcStar VISM SPA Flipdot Optic--Opinions Wanted

OP, here are the problems with this thread and why you have yet to get the answer that you clearly want.

1. The idea of having an RDS that flips out of the way so you can use irons indoors is fairly idiotic and tells everyone here that you likely have no idea what you’re doing.

2. The ONLY legitimate way I could think of doing the above was already mentioned, try looking into a 30mm tube RDS and pairing that with a flip to side magnifier mount. Or get some type of offset RDS or irons. However, it’s still probably an idiotic idea because of the concept behind it.

3. Most people here have never used NcStar because they’ve known better from the start. I used one, many years ago, on a paintball gun. It was junk. Maybe they’ve come a long way since then, but I doubt it.

4. As I mentioned above, it seems like you’ll ignore any answer until you hear the one you want. If that’s the case, buy it and feel free to let us know how it does. My recommendation however, is to not spend a single second more on debating this purchase and if nothing else, find some decent YouTube instructors who talk about the benefits of irons and RDS, especially inside. I’d say go take a class but I think YouTube is a better starting point.

One final thing - what the **** is the difference between “an ongoing combat, SHTF situation” and “immediate home and yard defense?” For the VAST majority of people in the country, including members of this forum, immediate home defense is as SHTF as it will ever get and it’s no small incident. It doesn’t matter if it’s 3,000 zombies walking down the street or one bad guy in your bedroom - shit is real, so stupid ideas and garbage equipment is a good way to get ****ed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 10-26-18 at 05:08.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    #5 Yes, you will only use it once, because if you defended your yard like your house, and a death is involved, AND its proven that you weren't being fired upon, most states will put you in prison for a very long time.

Be safe out there.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast