Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GeePlate Glock magazine baseplate removal tool

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)

GeePlate Glock magazine baseplate removal tool

For the price of $14.95 delivered, I am going to give one of these a try. I have always kind of struggled with the punch and edge of the table method of removing the mag base plates. I eventually get them off, but usually bugger up and elongate the hole in the baseplate a little using the punch method. I spend more on food at McDonalds or Bugger King in a day or two, so the price of it is a non issue to me. Even though you don’t have to disassemble your mags very often, it appears the Geeplate tool makes it super easy to do so when you do.
    Links to some vid reviews of it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbBZsWUkeLc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x-g2X4b_Ss
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-27-18 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I got one of those. Works great!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks like it works pretty slick.
    My question is, are people really disassembling their mags often enough to need a dedicated tool, beyond the Glock punch and the side of the table?

Not saying it doesn't work, but who outside of unit/department armorers, gunsmiths/shops, and folks who put extended baseplates on all their mags, will realize the utility and economy?

(That said, part of my assignment next year involves running a range, and I'll see if the rangemasters want to pick a couple up)
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks slick, but I always just use eith a Glock punch or small phillips, shove it in and yank.

Slightly off topic, do any of you work on a lot of guns on your bench? The bench in the video looks like a poser bench with the pristine stickers on it. Just sayin'.......
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Out of all the things to nitpick, the age of a sticker?

This video reminds me of InRange's Mag Release Tool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ftRzi4zMks

Feedback Score
    I clean my mags each time after I shoot. My range is outdoor and I live in a desert. I use the Gtul, it is a brush with punch, and a vice to allow you to squeeze the mags. I have one for the 9/40/357 and one for my 10mms. It works great. My concern with just popping off the mags would be damaging the mag bodies and base plates.

Feedback Score
    Hey Guys.

I’m the designer of the GeePlate magazine baseplate removal tool.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions.

Feedback Score
    Make sure to read the instructions carefully and keep the tool tight to the bottom of the baseplate when you are removing it.

Don’t let the base plate come off the tool and it’s easy to do so by applying pressure with two fingers on the back of the tool.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have the Gee plate. Works great! Makes taking the base plate a lot easier off at least for me.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    I have the Gee plate. Works great! Makes taking the base plate a lot easier off at least for me.
    Thank you for your support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast