G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunsite

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Sounds like you are a happy customer.
    I really enjoyed the three classes I took, as did my wife an daughter. Zero regrets!

Feedback Score
    I'm with you that if you're going to spend the money and time to go, (we're driving down from Seattle, it's going to be a three week trip) then whatever we can do to improve the class is worth doing.

What kind of boots or shoes do you think is appropriate? That's one of the things on the list of stuff I need.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score

What kind of boots or shoes do you think is appropriate? That's one of the things on the list of stuff I need.
    All ranges are crushed granite so no real mud issues. Would be wet if it rains/snows. You’re on your feet all day with minimal sitting for classroom. Good support hiking/work boots.

I wear desert combat boots with Superfeet Green insoles for most outside activities.

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Next question: they specify an outside-the-waistband holster. That's interesting. Do you happen to know why?
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    Next question: they specify an outside-the-waistband holster. That's interesting. Do you happen to know why?
    . They focus on basics in their initial levels. Some students are totally new to shooting and firearms and the strong side OWB holster is safest to manage as insrtuctor and safest for students in event of neg discharge.

We had a husband/wife team (late 50’s early 60’s), brand new shooters, show up with a pair of brand new 1911’s in unopened box. Their first guns ever. This was my first Gunsite class as well.

By day two, they provided the wife a Glock 19 to finish class. She just could not “get” the 1911. She was kinda dingy... husband wasn’t much better! They added a fourth instructor to the three assigned to our class just for them. Made rest of us feel better, and got them through training. They really managed the situation well, very professional on the instructors parts! Everyone completed the week. By day 4, wife was doing well, while hubby was still struggling a bit, but he finished.

Their training model is very consistent...draw stroke, stance, movement, load/unload, etc. All instructors teach the same basic model, but may deliver message a bit differently, which can help new shooters lget it”. All I’ve had (9 different Rangemaster) all were very professional with lots of patience. Zero bragging...but lots of interesting examples and stories.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that Gunsite instructors are not there full time Many have their own schools, some have their own ranges.
    I've never been to Gunsite but have taken over many classes taught by Randy Cain (still active) Louis Awerback who I really miss and Pat Rogers etc. All teach the Gunsite method.
    Always money and time well spent.

Feedback Score
    October 2018 Newsletter at the link: https://www.gunsite.com/november-new...6183e-53154397

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are they still locked into Weaver?
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12