Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunsite

Feedback Score

Gunsite

Has anyone here attended a Gunsite class? If so, what class did you take, and how long ago?

Feedback Score
    I attended three classes (250/250/350) between 2010 and 2014.

Very nice facility...great folks everywhere from office to pro shop to instructors.

I’ll be back when things settle down a bit. I stayed in Chino Valley, but most folks stayed in Prescott. If you have a camper, their campground was decent.

Sheriff Ken Campbell was my 350 lead instructor (Rangemaster). Now he’s running things. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It’s not as hardcore as some training, but it’s solid. Lots of LEO’s in my classes...lots of regular folks too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Basic pistol in 1994. Knocked on Col Cooper's door. He invited my brother and I inside. We drank beer and later got a tour of his armory. He was a very gracious host.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I attended three classes (250/250/350) between 2010 and 2014.
    Sheriff Ken Campbell was my 350 lead instructor (Rangemaster). Now he’s running things. Great guy.
    This guy?

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...robe/11015867/

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    It’s not as hardcore as some training, but it’s solid.
    Buzzin, I'm glad to hear that. I've been through basic/AIT. I'm looking for technical knowledge, not motivation/PT/discipline.

My problem now is the class I want will leave us in Arizona on Superbowl Sunday.
    Last edited by Jammer Six; 10-25-18 at 22:28.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score

Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    This guy?

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...robe/11015867/

Buzzin, I'm glad to hear that. I've been through basic/AIT. I'm looking for technical knowledge, not motivation/PT/discipline.

My problem now is the class I want will leave us in Arizona on Superbowl Sunday.
    I can’t comment on the misconduct...my experience was Campbell is a good guy based on my class.

They tell you the class is a gunfighting class, not a commando class. We had “seasoned” folks who never went to their knees or prone shooting positions. It was on them.

They treat folks with respect and dignity. No yelling. Very consistent message and training philosophy. I went once with my wife, alone to 350, and with 22 year old daughter to last class. Daughter only went because I promised a vaca to Grand Canyon en route. Hated shooting. She Teared up on Friday when we left and said it was best trip ever as we drove away.

Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 10-26-18 at 04:44.

Feedback Score
    That sounds like it's him.

I don't have a problem with hookers. I don't care who sleeps with who, and a girl's got to do what she has to do to survive. I don't have a problem with Johns, I can see how that could come to be. Every vet I know understands hookers. A guy who doesn't pay his hooker, on the other hand, is a couple steps below a pimp. Maybe he's gone by now.

Has anyone taken a carbine class? That's what I'm interested in, and I'm a seasoned citizen. One of the things that attracts me to Gunsite is it sounds like they understand what bad knees mean, while Thunder Ranch sells T-shirts that say "No one cares. Work harder!" I look at the pictures of Thunder Ranch and see ladders and inclines and stairs and shit and I think "uh, no. If he needs to be shot, I'll shoot him from down here, thank you."

Us folks who aren't quite as fast as we were Back In The Day (say, 1975) need to train, too.
    Last edited by Jammer Six; 10-26-18 at 05:13.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Feedback Score
    Some reviews are available here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...n_Arizona.html

Feedback Score
    Do yourself a favor and bring good ammunition, lots of magazines, and a couple good weapons if possible. It’s not cheap to go, but guns and ammo issues would suck!

A good sling will definitely help. And a way to carry a couple mags on your belt...

Good clothing layers, gloves, footwear, and eye pro would make the week much better than suffering through.

Have fun!

Feedback Score
    I was going to buy their ammunition package. One less thing to worry about.

Sounds like you are a happy customer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast