Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunsite

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Sounds like you are a happy customer.
    I really enjoyed the three classes I took, as did my wife an daughter. Zero regrets!

Feedback Score
    I'm with you that if you're going to spend the money and time to go, (we're driving down from Seattle, it's going to be a three week trip) then whatever we can do to improve the class is worth doing.

What kind of boots or shoes do you think is appropriate? That's one of the things on the list of stuff I need.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score

What kind of boots or shoes do you think is appropriate? That's one of the things on the list of stuff I need.
    All ranges are crushed granite so no real mud issues. Would be wet if it rains/snows. You’re on your feet all day with minimal sitting for classroom. Good support hiking/work boots.

I wear desert combat boots with Superfeet Green insoles for most outside activities.

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Next question: they specify an outside-the-waistband holster. That's interesting. Do you happen to know why?
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    Next question: they specify an outside-the-waistband holster. That's interesting. Do you happen to know why?
    . They focus on basics in their initial levels. Some students are totally new to shooting and firearms and the strong side OWB holster is safest to manage as insrtuctor and safest for students in event of neg discharge.

We had a husband/wife team (late 50’s early 60’s), brand new shooters, show up with a pair of brand new 1911’s in unopened box. Their first guns ever. This was my first Gunsite class as well.

By day two, they provided the wife a Glock 19 to finish class. She just could not “get” the 1911. She was kinda dingy... husband wasn’t much better! They added a fourth instructor to the three assigned to our class just for them. Made rest of us feel better, and got them through training. They really managed the situation well, very professional on the instructors parts! Everyone completed the week. By day 4, wife was doing well, while hubby was still struggling a bit, but he finished.

Their training model is very consistent...draw stroke, stance, movement, load/unload, etc. All instructors teach the same basic model, but may deliver message a bit differently, which can help new shooters lget it”. All I’ve had (9 different Rangemaster) all were very professional with lots of patience. Zero bragging...but lots of interesting examples and stories.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep in mind that Gunsite instructors are not there full time Many have their own schools, some have their own ranges.
    I've never been to Gunsite but have taken over many classes taught by Randy Cain (still active) Louis Awerback who I really miss and Pat Rogers etc. All teach the Gunsite method.
    Always money and time well spent.

Feedback Score
    October 2018 Newsletter at the link: https://www.gunsite.com/november-new...6183e-53154397

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are they still locked into Weaver?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    All ranges are crushed granite so no real mud issues. Would be wet if it rains/snows. You’re on your feet all day with minimal sitting for classroom. Good support hiking/work boots.

I wear desert combat boots with Superfeet Green insoles for most outside activities.

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us
    Thanks much for the link!
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I live in Prescott. I can answer all questions about the weather and the surrounding areas. If you come during the monsoon season, prepare to get wet, and not the gently falling from the sky kind. The snow does not last long at all, we don't have Williams or Flagstaff problems. Even though we're 5,500 feet above sea level, we're still a very dry area so it never stays wet or muddy for long. The local drivers suck at life. If you're a foodie, then Paulden and Chino valley will break your hearts. From friends who have gone, they say that if you go in with an open mind and the motivation to train, you will have a great time. J&G is here in Prescott if you just have to have your own bulk ammo.

All I can offer to anyone from this forum visiting while at Gunsite, is a friendly person locally in case you have issues locally and within reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12