Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What makes a Colt a Colt?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    An (in spec) lower is an (in spec) lower is an (in spec) lower.

I don't have the blueprints and I doubt the OP does either. Put high quality parts into that PSA and shoot the hell out of it. Lowers aren't really a wear item. Like 26 Inf said, they just hold shit in place. The shit they hold are wear items, so choose higher quality parts (like the spare Colt parts you have lying around) and drive on. If the holes aren't drilled in the proper place you'll figure it out fairly quickly.

You won't have a factory Colt, and tolerance stacking maaaaaaay be an issue, but chances are you'll have a quality home-built lower that'll last you a long time.
    I Like the way you think And was what I was leaning to doing before asking the question anyway. Confused as well about the holes being off. Interchangeable universally can only take place if all the holes and other are in spec.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber10101212 View Post
    I Like the way you think And was what I was leaning to doing before asking the question anyway. Confused as well about the holes being off. Interchangeable universally can only take place if all the holes and other are in spec.
    There’s admittedly more to being “in spec” than drilling holes, but I believe some of the other posters were saying that PSA and other “budget” grade brands tend to have more problematic lowers than Colt, DD, Noveske, SIONICS, etc.

That said, there are $600 KAC lowers that don’t fit with KAC trigger guards and $400 BCM lowers that don’t play nicely with PMAGs. You already have the PSA lower so you might as well give it a quality set of parts. The folks on here will never validate a PSA build, and I’m not saying I necessarily blame them, but your only real option is to put nice parts in it and shoot the snot out of it. Just don’t be THAT guy who says his lower is “aS gOoD aS a CoLt

Feedback Score
    Let me expound upon what’s going through my mind as I still think there’s a little confusion.

I specifically stated that I had high dollar upgrades in the Colt for a reason, so that others would understand I’m not talking about just using standard Colt parts as that is cheap and can buy all of that for $100.

I LOVE my LE 6920 and it is perfectly suited for me with the upgrades. Before I found out that I fell in love with a SBR, it was my main to go gun.

I bought the pistol almost as a novelty because I was just bored and already had every possible
    rifle / pistol and thought I would add it to my collection.

Once it started to wear on me and I shot it I just started to realize how much I had fallen in love with it and I have decided to make it my go to gun now. If I had known that originally I may have purchased a Colt to begin with.

I don’t like the standard parts in any AR especially when it comes to a trigger, but I’m not willing to invest the finances in buying two Geisselle and things like that it’s very redundant!

I was speaking of standard mil spec parts I wouldn’t have posted at all. I’m talking about transferring over $1000 worth of Upgrades.

Just want to know if that’s a total waste of money on the PSA
    Last edited by Plumber10101212; 10-26-18 at 13:38.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber10101212 View Post
    Let me expound upon what’s going through my mind as I still think there’s a little confusion.

I specifically stated that I had high dollar upgrades in the Colt for a reason, so that others would understand I’m not talking about just using standard Colt parts as that is cheap and can buy all of that for $100.

I LOVE my LE 6920 and it is perfectly suited for me with the upgrades. Before I found out that I fell in love with a SBR, it was my main to go gun.

I bought the pistol almost as a novelty because I was just bored and already had every possible
    rifle / pistol and thought I would add it to my collection.

Once it started to wear on me and I shot it I just started to realize how much I had fallen in love with it and I have decided to make it my go to gun now. If I had known that originally I may have purchased a Colt to begin with.

I don’t like the standard parts in any AR especially when it comes to a trigger, but I’m not willing to invest the finances in buying two Geisselle and things like that it’s very redundant!

I was speaking of standard mil spec parts I wouldn’t have posted at all. I’m talking about transferring over $1000 worth of Upgrades.

Just want to know if that’s a total waste of money on the PSA
    Tell us about these upgrades please. All 1K$$$ worth.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In my opinion, installing $1000 worth of upgrades in a PSA lower assembly isn't a wise decision. If ya really do love the pistol, then spend a bit over $200 and SBR the Colt. Yep, that's what makes by far the most sense.

I've built up two PSA lowers (still have one of them), and I used PSA lower parts kits and BCM PNT triggers because....it's just a PSA.

It's very possible that if you listed the other upgraded components you'd install, you won't like our responses.
    Last edited by grizzman; 10-26-18 at 15:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Tell us about these upgrades please. All 1K$$$ worth.
    I can already see where that question is heading and I’m not touching it with a 100’ pole lmao! But careful reading of all my replies you could probably easily deduce this on your own

Upgrades don’t always involve internal working parts... scope, IR laser, reg laser, tripod, Red Dot are all considered upgrades but are not vital to the functionability and reliability of an AR.

A Bushnell AR15 scope is an upgrade that won’t work on a pistol. It’s just too darn big and long. That’s $230 that I did NOT include in my list. Nor did I include my IR Patrol thermal for $7500. But technically if I only had ONE A.R.15 I could definitely say I had upgrades of $10,000!!!

As far as internal working parts, I have about $450. As I previously mentioned I didn’t replace everything but left the Colt BCG and other items as well. As also previously mentioned I’m running a Geisselle (2 stage SSA-E) and charging handle all of which is $325. So as you can see, those are the main largest investments which is why I listed them previously as I do not want to spend double money on those items.
    Last edited by Plumber10101212; 10-26-18 at 15:37.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I miss the old days where threads like this would have been locked by now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you're set on not SBRing the Colt, and don't want to build a pistol off of a better stripped lower receiver (Mega, Aero, etc) and selling the PSA, LaRue's $87 MBT-2S is worth seriously considering.

I've got an SSA and a few MBTs, and the differences are minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    I miss the old days where threads like this would have been locked by now.
    Yep, the NcStar one is another great example.
    Last edited by grizzman; 10-26-18 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you have more than $500 invested in parts for a lower, somebody saw you coming. Use the other $500 to buy a fishing rod, since that's what's going on here. If not, why would you rather remove upgrade parts from a Colt lower and put them into a PSA lower? Just buy a Colt SBR if you're so averse to SBRing your 6920.

You would have two very different rifles. That is not redundancy.

Why boast about all the money invested in one rifle and go super cheap on the "love of your life"? Just curious.
    Last edited by Joelski; 10-26-18 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I think we can euthanize this one now.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234