Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: discreet AR pistol bag?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh, ok. Guess you didn't catch the pictures posted just above.
    Last edited by maximus83; 11-18-20 at 02:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tellum View Post
    there's no such thing, regardless. If you need immediate response, draw your pistol, dive to cover. Once there, you'll have the 10 seconds needed to assemble the AR. keep the rd in the chamber and the mag in the lower. it's safe. No matter what lug it around in, if you have to open a case, it's going to be 3 seconds, which is a very slow draw and fire pistol time. If you also have to rig a sling or unfold a buttstock, that adds at least another second. in 4 seconds, I can draw and hit a dozen men at 10m, or half a dozen at 30m. or a couple at 100m. to include going prone or supine.
    Really? I guess the bag my AR pistol is in is just a figment of my imagination...

Sorry, but your 10 seconds of safety really doesn’t hold water. You fire rounds from your pistol at a threat... I wonder what that person’s (or persons’) target will be after that? Personally, I liken that 10 seconds comment to Biden’s shotgun theory...

And then, you are likely going to be amped up, with adrenaline pumping through your veins, and you are going to use your uneffected fine motor skills to assemble your AR? So, hopefully your 10 seconds isn’t shaved down any for whatever reason. But I can tell you a superior setup; the AR assembled, with cycling in a round when grabbing it (gross motor skill).

But again, if you are dealing with “a dozen men at 10m,” your vehicle and you might be Swiss cheese by then. Similar with “half dozen at 30m.” Whatever the scenario, if you think it is going to be cut/dry enough that you’ll be able to piece together an AR and leisurely return fire... best of luck. But what you described will definitely have a wrench thrown in the works when you have rounds going in other directions than just downrange.

My AR pistol is in my truck for a limited number of reasons. If I’m working, and somewhat able to get to it, I have extra capability over just my duty gun (Glock 19). Being I do work at outports, where it can be just myself and another officer... up to an hour away from any type of backup... it’s a good thing to have.

If I’m not working... and pull into Walmart when shots are going off (or dropping/picking up my girlfriend’s daughter at school), that will be the second thing I grab out of my truck (vest will be the first). Even in a scenario like that, utilizing the AR pistol is going to greatly depend on me being near my truck when I notice rounds going off... which isn’t that likely in the grand scheme of things.

Worst case (and most realistic), I have my handgun and whatever extra ammo on me. But can’t grab the AR if it isn’t there, right?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Really? I guess the bag my AR pistol is in is just a figment of my imagination...

Sorry, but your 10 seconds of safety really doesn’t hold water. You fire rounds from your pistol at a threat... I wonder what that person’s (or persons’) target will be after that? Personally, I liken that 10 seconds comment to Biden’s shotgun theory...

And then, you are likely going to be amped up, with adrenaline pumping through your veins, and you are going to use your uneffected fine motor skills to assemble your AR? So, hopefully your 10 seconds isn’t shaved down any for whatever reason. But I can tell you a superior setup; the AR assembled, with cycling in a round when grabbing it (gross motor skill).

But again, if you are dealing with “a dozen men at 10m,” your vehicle and you might be Swiss cheese by then. Similar with “half dozen at 30m.” Whatever the scenario, if you think it is going to be cut/dry enough that you’ll be able to piece together an AR and leisurely return fire... best of luck. But what you described will definitely have a wrench thrown in the works when you have rounds going in other directions than just downrange.

My AR pistol is in my truck for a limited number of reasons. If I’m working, and somewhat able to get to it, I have extra capability over just my duty gun (Glock 19). Being I do work at outports, where it can be just myself and another officer... up to an hour away from any type of backup... it’s a good thing to have.

If I’m not working... and pull into Walmart when shots are going off (or dropping/picking up my girlfriend’s daughter at school), that will be the second thing I grab out of my truck (vest will be the first). Even in a scenario like that, utilizing the AR pistol is going to greatly depend on me being near my truck when I notice rounds going off... which isn’t that likely in the grand scheme of things.

Worst case (and most realistic), I have my handgun and whatever extra ammo on me. But can’t grab the AR if it isn’t there, right?
    Right.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    there's no such thing, regardless. If you need immediate response, draw your pistol, dive to cover. Once there, you'll have the 10 seconds needed to assemble the AR. keep the rd in the chamber and the mag in the lower. it's safe. No matter what lug it around in, if you have to open a case, it's going to be 3 seconds, which is a very slow draw and fire pistol time. If you also have to rig a sling or unfold a buttstock, that adds at least another second. in 4 seconds, I can draw and hit a dozen men at 10m, or half a dozen at 30m. or a couple at 100m. to include going prone or supine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haha

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've used this for many years and am very satisfied with it. Before that I had the SO Tech version.

https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-TN...ag-p/eu150.htm
    Last edited by seb5; 11-18-20 at 09:53.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Super secret squirrel squad called, they want their top operator back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    in 4 seconds, I can draw and hit a dozen men at 10m, or half a dozen at 30m. or a couple at 100m. to include going prone or supine.
    hahaha that's the best thing i've read all week! Sounds like you think this supposed gunfight with a dozen men, will include them all standing stationary, next to eachother, out in the open, not returning fire. Just like those steel targets or silhouettes you blast on the range? lol.

If you think that's how a real gunfight is going to go, i wish you all the luck. And if you think you can hit 12 armed assailants moving, using cover, and returning fire - ALL IN UNDER 4 SECONDS from draw, then the BlackOpsDeltaSealCAGReconBro team needs their trainer back.

On the topic of bags, i use an Osprey day pack that easily fits my 8" 300 BLK pistol. I like the Osprey packs because they're durable and don't stand out.
    Last edited by B Cart; 11-19-20 at 10:26.

Feedback Score
    I got a 10.3" Daniel Defense with the Laws Tactical folder and it goes in a typical over sized book back pack!

Consider that folder and a whole new set of possibilities arises!

W

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    hahaha that's the best thing i've read all week! Sounds like you think this supposed gunfight with a dozen men, will include them all standing stationary, next to eachother, out in the open, not returning fire. Just like those steel targets or silhouettes you blast on the range? lol.

If you think that's how a real gunfight is going to go, i wish you all the luck. And if you think you can hit 12 armed assailants moving, using cover, and returning fire - ALL IN UNDER 4 SECONDS from draw, then the BlackOpsDeltaSealCAGReconBro team needs their trainer back.

On the topic of bags, i use an Osprey day pack that easily fits my 8" 300 BLK pistol. I like the Osprey packs because they're durable and don't stand out.
    Dude is a troll--he was posting stuff like that all over here, probably laughing his arse off.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast