Thread: discreet AR pistol bag?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I've also found a few well placed patches makes good camouflage, I've got several 'discrete' bags with tool patches (Snap On, Ryobi, John Deere) or NASA Space mission patches. "oh, that? It's my telescope".

I'm also old & fat so no one's gonna believe a Wilson racquet bag, so I have a few ukulele & mandolin bags.
    If someone tries to start a conversation I've got a few clever responses like "I just started", "Its my wife's instrument actually", and the always classis "Get a job, hippie!".

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    I've also found a few well placed patches makes good camouflage, I've got several 'discrete' bags with tool patches (Snap On, Ryobi, John Deere) or NASA Space mission patches. "oh, that? It's my telescope".
    This goes back to my point about (1) disguising the contents of the bag by misdirection (using a bag that's recognized to normally contain something else), or (2) being more covert/discreet, where no one notices you.

With (1), you can still attract unwanted attention by misdirection if the bag seems to contain something of value (tools, electronic goods etc) or something of common interest (to start conversation), or looks out of place. Tool manufacturer patches can be an invitation for thieves. Go with a generic Nike or Reebok sports patch or something.

For (2), a truly discreet bag should give no clue as to its contents (by recognizable shape or label) and not attract attention where you bring it. If you're carrying a generic backpack (not a specific laptop backpack), no one's going to approach you to ask you if you play in a band or chat about tennis.