Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: discreet AR pistol bag?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have looking at the non-"e" version for a while now, says is will accommodate uppers up to 16", that would be plenty big enough for me and is a little cheaper.
    You will need to finesse 16" uppers with FH into the top of a non-e bag. Insert one end and push a bit to clear the other end.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The concern I've always had with tennis racquet bags or guitar bags being used for rifles is that they can end up attracting attention due to the implication of what's inside the bag. If you don't fit the look, it may look out of place, which is what you want to avoid. If you play tennis and can talk about it, great. If you play the guitar, great, too. But if you don't, how do you handle someone who strikes up a conversation because of what they assume is a common interest? I'd want to avoid anyone wanting to converse with me based on what I'm wearing or carrying.

An MP5K can fit in a laptop bag, but a laptop bag again implies that something of value is inside and can attract thieves. That's the reason behind the GYM bag; it looks pretty generic, and doesn't look like a specialized case.

The most discreet case is really something commercial, off-the-shelf, that doesn't look out of place in the place where you're going to be using it, and preferably provides no clues as to its contents.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Diaper bag /thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    tennis racket bag
    This ⤴⤴⤴⤴

I also use a Bulldog discrete 26in bag occasionally but it still brings questions with the rectangular shape.
    With a racquet bag most questions are answered.
    Last edited by BigSam; 10-29-18 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    I picked up some tennis racket bags and a bag to some sort of club or something, not sure what it's for but it works really well for folded AK's. I also found surplus M60 barrel bags work well for my AR pistol or folded AKs.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    I've also found a few well placed patches makes good camouflage, I've got several 'discrete' bags with tool patches (Snap On, Ryobi, John Deere) or NASA Space mission patches. "oh, that? It's my telescope".

I'm also old & fat so no one's gonna believe a Wilson racquet bag, so I have a few ukulele & mandolin bags.
    If someone tries to start a conversation I've got a few clever responses like "I just started", "Its my wife's instrument actually", and the always classis "Get a job, hippie!".

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineD View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Maybe useful it (1) you are near a tennis court and (2) you look like you are in shape for tennis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Maybe useful it (1) you are near a tennis court and (2) you look like you are in shape for tennis.
    Completely agree with this.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    I've also found a few well placed patches makes good camouflage, I've got several 'discrete' bags with tool patches (Snap On, Ryobi, John Deere) or NASA Space mission patches. "oh, that? It's my telescope".
    This goes back to my point about (1) disguising the contents of the bag by misdirection (using a bag that's recognized to normally contain something else), or (2) being more covert/discreet, where no one notices you.

With (1), you can still attract unwanted attention by misdirection if the bag seems to contain something of value (tools, electronic goods etc) or something of common interest (to start conversation), or looks out of place. Tool manufacturer patches can be an invitation for thieves. Go with a generic Nike or Reebok sports patch or something.

For (2), a truly discreet bag should give no clue as to its contents (by recognizable shape or label) and not attract attention where you bring it. If you're carrying a generic backpack (not a specific laptop backpack), no one's going to approach you to ask you if you play in a band or chat about tennis.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast