Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: discreet AR pistol bag?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5acp@gmail.com View Post
    +1 on the bulldog bag. It was $30 at my local g.s. and holds 2 11.5" upper AR pistols.
    The bulldog is an awesome bag. Just wish it had shoulder straps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another tennis racket bag user here.

FDS_9861.jpg
    Last edited by pyzik; 11-27-18 at 12:29.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    In a previous job, my friend had an Eagle Industries bag that was a Racquetball duffel with a side pocket for a Racquetball racket that had a quick access compartment for the MP5 he had issued t him. I contacted Eagle and they said they had quit making those years ago. It seems with all the small SBR\Pistols with braces, someone would make a dedicated discreet bag

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

discreet AR pistol bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    It seems with all the small SBR\Pistols with braces, someone would make a dedicated discreet bag
    Yea, it seems useful stuff always has a habit of being discontinued when need increases. Blackhawk used to make a racketball bag, which I picked up. It is actually pretty well made, and has a divider for the original intended use... broken down AR. They discontinued it a few years back. Want to say it was just before the increase in pistol braces... but not 100% on it. Definitely before the ATF “you can’t shoulder it” letter.

I also got a ukulele bag, which fits my [folding] braced TAC-14 perfectly.

No real use for them now, at least while I’m in NJ... but I have them for when I get the hell out (five months, but who is counting? ).
    Last edited by Screwball; 11-30-18 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the tennis racket case. I used to use it for a folding stock Mini-14, but it's perfect now for the AR pistol.
    Tennis2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    I have four of the Bulldog Bags, I like them as opposed to the old style tapered with the obvious magazine pouches on the side. The only problem with the Bulldog Bags is they still look like gun bags, not much discrete about it, when someone who has never seen one before, asks what kind of gun do you put in that....lol.... I have an old gray Camera Bag that if you separate, the upper from the lower and put some padding between the two, it just looks like an old Camera Bag. You cannot stick 30rd mags in the pouches, but you could put them inside with the gun itself. The only real problem using the Camera Bag is the gun tends to shift around so its not really well balanced. But if you didn't know it had a gun in it it just looks like an old Camera Bag.
    Last edited by langss; 12-24-18 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    One of those things where you need to be a little self aware. Jumped into my cousin's 3/4 ton Ford truck, he's wearing wranglers, cowboy hat, cowboy boots and in the back seat is a bright white tennis racket bag. I laughed at him, just a weeeee bit out of place.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've used an SO tech GO Bag in grey/black for years. Never had anyone question it ot even look twice..
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I just bought a used The North Face size medium Base Camp duffel bag (71 liters).
    I added a piece of cheap blue foam sleeping pad to the bag to both give structure and also protect my stuff.
    My complete 11.5" pistol just fits lengthwise...but affords plenty of room for other gear. I keep my "minuteman" bag, ear pro and ankle med kit (when not wearing it). Plenty of room for tons of other stuff.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    tennis racket bag
    I deliberately sized my Mk18 to fit in a tennis racket bag from the outset, and it can load up in there with the can installed - design goal accomplished.

In practical terms, even though I still actively go around and play tennis with my friends, for the same volume allocation I can be better equipped for pistol engagements and mostly leave it alone.
    I've migrated to cheap basic gym bags also - cheap sprawl-mart brand stuff draws the least attention. I think the value of misdirection on that is overrated in most circumstances, so I prioritize having something that is at least functional... since low profile goes mostly out the window depending on the bumper sticker setup anyway.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast