Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Looking for My Next AR ... Suggestions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FredL View Post
    So...this happened.

I kind of went "all in" on Colts and I was doing more reading and decided if I have an "old school" style AR I'd like something close to the present state AR, the M4, so I found over on Charlie's Clones a M4 SOCOM with the Government Property roll mark, so....I got it too. I guess all I need now to round out my Colt AR collection is their newer mid-length gas system AR.

Thanks again for the extremely helpful advice and I appreciate hearing from the expertise, and the last comment re. the accuracy of Colt barrels is encouraging.
    The socom is a great rifle. I’m sure you’ll love it. And yes, I’d encourage you to try out the 6920 Trooper or 6960 CCU at some point. The Trooper is becoming one of my favorites. Like the centurion rail a lot, and it shoots surprisingly good with the M193 I’ve put through it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My eyes aren't what they used to be and the smallish reticle on the ACOG doesn't work too well for me anymore. I think I am going to use a variable power with a FFP reticle, sound good?
    I’d look at some of the LPVO with a red dot too vs illuminated reticle (vortex pst gen 2 or razor, Steiner p4xi, c-more c3 etc). In my opinion is the best all around option for general purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    So...this happened.

I kind of went "all in" on Colts and I was doing more reading and decided if I have an "old school" style AR I'd like something close to the present state AR, the M4, so I found over on Charlie's Clones a M4 SOCOM with the Government Property roll mark, so....I got it too. I guess all I need now to round out my Colt AR collection is their newer mid-length gas system AR.

Thanks again for the extremely helpful advice and I appreciate hearing from the expertise, and the last comment re. the accuracy of Colt barrels is encouraging.
    You may have to eat Top Ramen for a while, but it will be worth it in the end.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456