Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest in G&R Tactical Hydro Dipped AR's???

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Interest in G&R Tactical Hydro Dipped AR's???

A Hydro Dipper local to us is wanting to get into doing AR's so we sent them two of our rifles. Having never had a gun hydro dipped before, I was unsure how it would work out. The two camo patterns I chose was the Kryptek Highlander and Multicam.

I was pleased with how everything came out and am going to have them do my night fighting gun in Kryptek Typhon (will post pics when that one is completed).

So I am wondering if folks would be interested in brand new AR's that have been dipped and ready to ship (read no waiting)?? Was thinking the cost would be around $200 which includes the upper and lower receivers, rail, stock and grip. One magazine would also be done.

Feedback is welcome.

C4

Last edited by C4IGrant; 11-04-13 at 08:36.

Feedback Score
    Looks good! What did they use for a clear coat?

Feedback Score
    If I decide to buy another AR, I would definitely be interested. I've been toying with the idea of having one of mine done in Multicam, but I don't like the idea of sending it off (there is no one local who does it) and then having to wait for its return.
    "When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not Guilty." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." ~ Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Is it just me, or does the pattern seem much smaller that usual?
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    How does it compare in durability to cerakote?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sawman556 View Post
    Looks good! What did they use for a clear coat?
    Some automotive clear coat. Said they had good luck with it on other things they have dipped.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastwatcher42 View Post
    If I decide to buy another AR, I would definitely be interested. I've been toying with the idea of having one of mine done in Multicam, but I don't like the idea of sending it off (there is no one local who does it) and then having to wait for its return.
    Ya, that is the catch with this stuff. By the time you pay for shipping (two ways) + disassemble/reassemble you can get into some high costs.

Our goal is to remove the shipping expense + properly assemble the gun.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    How does it compare in durability to cerakote?
    Cerakote is going to be more rugged, but you don't get the same type of patterns. So it really depends on what you are after.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How about an option to just buy some pre-dipped furniture?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Why must you persist upon separating me from my moola....I would imagine that there would be a semi-limited amount of demand. At that price point most buyers would probably pass. If I were to order one, waiting an extra week or so wouldn't be a problem...vs. me receiving it to tear it down and send it to have said work done.

What does their multicam look like?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast