Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Unusual Target?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    You win.
    Nobody won, at least from my perspective. Jose' Daniel Ortega is still in power 34 years later.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    A disabled US Army UH-60 in a Nicaraguan LZ in 1984. Destroyed it from my AH-6 with 2.75 inch Hydra 70 rockets. If you couldn't fly it out, we had to destroy it during those operations.
    That had to make your heart hurt a little bit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    That had to make your heart hurt a little bit.
    You know it's been so long, the emotion isn't recalled. Safe recovery of the crew was most important. This was a time when we were required to wear civilian, unmarked flight clothing in the the area. My job was aerial support in my "killer egg" while crates of small arms were being off-loaded at various points by assorted rotor craft.

I guess for the purpose of this thread, it was an unusual target, but over the years I've used everything from the FFR to the M134 and later the AGM-114 while flying the 58 Delta, and the targets varied from armor to armed technicals on foot.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12