Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I bought a Beretta, now what?

Feedback Score

I bought a Beretta, now what?

I’ve always wanted a Beretta 92. I shot one in the Marines once, one whole magazine. But I loved it. Plus it was in about every movie I watched growing up. I always meant to get one but there was always a reason not to. Either I could not find them or for the money I could get something else and other stuff. Lately I have found myself questions some of the guns I have and if I really liked them. I’m trying to enjoy what I have and not to just have a gun just because. Between a little extra money from work and selling off a few guns I had enough money to buy a couple guns I wanted including a Beretta 92.

Specifically I found a used NIB 92a1 at a local gun shop. Dude had bought it and never shot it. I picked it up for $550. I finally got to get it out and shot it yesterday. I was just shooting at some steel to make sure everything worked. I put 150 rounds through it. A mix of 115,124 FMJ and HP, and 147 FMJ and flat point. Everything went great with no issues.

Right off the bat I know I need to do the “D” spring to lighten the double action up. It’s smooth but so god damn heavy. I’ll also do the “G” conversion. I don’t have big hands but the size of the grip did not bother me. I might look into the vertec grips or maybe something else latter. I also noticed that is did not want to come out of my M12 holster. I know it wasn’t designed for a railed M9.

So any suggestions of anything else to look at with my Beretta? How about a different holster. It’s not going to be a carry gun but I probably will put a light on it and make it my house gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Maybe pick up a Gen 3 locking block and have it fitted and stored away for a spare, and more magazines. The D spring is a good upgrade.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Congrats. The 92’s are fantastic shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats! I have one just like it and it's a good shooter. The DA trigger pull is a bit much but it's smooth and crisp. (At least my sample.)

I need to do some mods to mine as well so I'm interested to hear what others have done to theirs.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The G conversion is the only thing that, in my opinion, is a "must do." The D spring is nice also. Don't fool around with the super high cap mags, they are generally a PITA to load. The 15s and 17s are good. Obviously some Nights sights and a light down the road.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a 92 Vertec that has been tuned by Ernest Langdon. It's very, very sweet. I also like his grips.

https://www.langdontactical.com/ - something to think about down the road.

I definitely agree with Greg - the D spring and G conversion lever are very nice. I do that on all my Berettas.

Feedback Score
    For holsters, my recommendations are safariland and Trex arms.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post

I might look into the vertec grips or maybe something else latter..
    A "Vertec" grips is not something you buy from a store or Amazon. The 92A1 has arched grip backstrap, the Beretta Vertec has a straight back strap. One company and only one company (Wilson Combat) is commercially doing grip conversion from the 92 arched style to the Vertec, by shaving off the metal on the back strap to the Vertec profile, and they're only doing that on the Brigadier Tactical that they sell. One just can't send any commercial 92 to them to do the conversion.

If a thinner grips is desired, Wilson Combat sell the ultra thin 92 G10 grips.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-.../728-FS-UT-BC/

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I was going to say the G mod and D spring as well.

MecGar makes 18 & 20 round mags that are GTG. And Beretta makes a 30 round mag so gotta get at least one of those.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SS recoil spring guide, 18lb Wolff recoil spring, D spring, Elite 2 hammer, make sure its got the latest locking block on the barrel, use FACTORY MAGS, you'll be good to go.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast