Thread: using gun scrubber to remove oil in chamber ?

Feedback Score

using gun scrubber to remove oil in chamber ?

is gun scrubber good for removing oil in the chamber then followed by a dry patch wrapped over a chamber brush ?

i have noticed oil in the chamber when i went to inspect it before shooting. I only lightly oil and was told its due to oil in firing pin channel and its gets in the chamber through inertia when the bolt carrier is released

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you have any oil in the chamber that bothers you, you can use a Q-tip to get it out. You could spray it with Gun Scrubber first if you like, but it is not necessary. Personally, I only lube the outer surface of my bolt and apply a very light film on the firing pin. In 40 years of shooting the AR platform, I have never had an issue with oil causing any problems in the chamber. The steps I take pretty much eliminates this.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Gun scrubber is very effective at removing oil.

That said, A little oil splatter in the chamber wont hurt anything.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    If a little oil in the chamber was all I had to worry about I would be a happy man! One shot and it is gone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can I ask why you’re worried about oil in the chamber?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Can I ask why you’re worried about oil in the chamber?
    you shouldnt have any oil in the chamber when you shoot -- more pressure will build up on firing
    due to uk commuinst sheep laws, my AR is a straight pull, while it hasnt caused any problems on extraction, there is small possablity that it could cause a hard extraction

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPSHOOTER282 View Post
    you shouldnt have any oil in the chamber when you shoot -- more pressure will build up on firing
    due to uk commuinst sheep laws, my AR is a straight pull, while it hasnt caused any problems on extraction, there is small possablity that it could cause a hard extraction
    Oil in the chamber is a none issue. Unless you are firing your rifle completely submerged in oil, you are in no danger of creating an over pressure situation.
    https://youtu.be/p9bOT_d60LM