Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 18 Inch AR Barrel Questions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    #2 is $165 shipped right now. Will there be any better deals around Thanksgiving or is that about as good as it gets?
    I think that is about as low as I'd expect.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    So I ordered that barrel. I got a confirmation email saying that it will ship soon. Then I saw a guy running from my porch yesterday. I opened the door to see what he was doing, and there was the barrel.

Now I’m looking at BCGs. I have heard that since the barrel has a nickel boron feed ramp extension, a nickel boron BCG is a good match. True? I am looking at this one. https://www.armorally.com/shop/ar15-...kel-boron-bcg/

Anything else I should be looking at?
    Last edited by Cokeman; 11-12-18 at 00:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    So I ordered that barrel. I got a confirmation email saying that it will ship soon. Then I saw a guy running from my porch yesterday. I opened the door to see what he was doing, and there was the barrel.

Now I’m looking at BCGs. I have heard that since the barrel has a nickel boron feed ramp extension, a nickel boron BCG is a good match. True? I am looking at this one. https://www.armorally.com/shop/ar15-...kel-boron-bcg/

Anything else I should be looking at?
    I do not like NIB for BCG coating and would just go phosphate. NIB is not really effective and starts to wear quickly. If you want something coated my choice would be NP3 followed by nitride. Sionics makes a reallly nice NP3 BCG and i think armorally offers the toolcraft in Nitride and DLC which would both be better options than NIB

Feedback Score
    So, what would be the opinion on hard chrome?
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascally View Post
    So, what would be the opinion on hard chrome?
    I have not used it but from what I have read would def be a better option than NIB. If you want info on all the different BCG options check out Chris Bartocci on YouTube. I think his channel is small arms solutions. He did a the part series on different BCG types and coatings.

He personally speaks highly of chrome and had a lot of industry experience as a former employee of Colt and several others as well as authored Black Rifle 2

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    NP3/NP3+
    Chrome
    Nitride
    Phosphate

In that order. However, I probably would buy a known-quality phosphate before an unknown quality nitride, which most of them are. Above that, it just depends how much you are open to spending. I personally buy NP3 when I want supercool, and phosphate when I want a gun that just runs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456