Thread: SBR Lower Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

SBR Lower Question

If I purchase a complete SBR rifle. Am I able to purchase multiple SBR uppers for that particular lower? Or is it one upper per registered lower?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One lower with all the uppers you could possibly want.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    What about switching calibers and/or barrel length after my Form 1 stamp is approved?
    Your Form 1 was approved for a specific caliber, overall length, and barrel length. However you are allowed to “temporarily” change the upper length or caliber but only if you maintain the original upper and ability switch back afterward. If you sell the upper and switch permanently to a different upper then you would need to send a notification to the ATF letting them know of the official change. You don’t pay the stamp or go through the Form 1 process again, just a notification.

Link: https://www.rainierarms.com/blog/atf...r-own-sbr-faq/
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    There's still no "need" with a permanent change. They recommend you do it, but can't require you to do it. There are even examiners that will tell you they don't ever want to see another change letter for an AR-based SBR because nothing is permanent. Even if you sold the up you could have a replacement in a couple days.