Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My G19 shoots left??

Feedback Score

My G19 shoots left??

Alright, I have four Gen. 3 Glock's. All of them have Trijicon regular tritium green night sights.

Three of them, my G22 (w/357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrels), G26 and G34 shoot ramrod straight, couldn't be more happy with them. Years of great shooting and great confidents carrying them.

My wife bought me a G19 for Christmas. No matter what I do it shoots left, like 3 to 6 inches at 25 yards.

I read an article that some Glock locking blocks can be out of spec and cause this problem. The guy in the article was having the same issue as I'm having. He replaced his locking block and now it shoots straight like they should.

Anyone heard of this locking block issue?

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Glock is perfection, they never make mistake.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Alright, I have four Gen. 3 Glock's. All of them have Trijicon regular tritium green night sights.

Three of them, my G22 (w/357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrels), G26 and G34 shoot ramrod straight, couldn't be more happy with them. Years of great shooting and great confidents carrying them.

My wife bought me a G19 for Christmas. No matter what I do it shoots left, like 3 to 6 inches at 25 yards.
    Have you drifted the rear sight slightly to the right? Is the front sight perfectly aligned with the axis of the slide? Sometimes they can be installed a little off center.

This Enos thread dissects the 'problem'

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/1...lution/?page=2
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Will a 26 locking block fit a 19?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    What Gen 19? not sure if g4 and g3 locking blocks are compatible but maybe try one of the blocks from your 26/34 to see if this is an issue or something provided they are compatible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Have you drifted the rear sight slightly to the right? Is the front sight perfectly aligned with the axis of the slide? Sometimes they can be installed a little off center.

This Enos thread dissects the 'problem'

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/1...lution/?page=2
    Moving the rear sight to the right made little to no improvement. Yes, the front is good and centered.

NYH1.

Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Will a 26 locking block fit a 19?
    No, they're different. The G26's locking block isn't as long.

The first thing I thought of was swapping one from a different Glock.

NYH1.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    What Gen 19? not sure if g4 and g3 locking blocks are compatible but maybe try one of the blocks from your 26/34 to see if this is an issue or something provided they are compatible.
    Gen. 3. The locking blocks are different between model sizes. G26 smallest/shortest, G19 in the middle and G34 largest/longest.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Gen. 3. The locking blocks are different between model sizes. G26 smallest/shortest, G19 in the middle and G34 largest/longest.

NYH1.
    Bummer, but thanks for the info, I did not know this and just thought it might be worth a shot. Any buddies with a G3 19 maybe?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I read an article that some Glock locking blocks can be out of spec and cause this problem. The guy in the article was having the same issue as I'm having. He replaced his locking block and now it shoots straight like they should.

Anyone heard of this locking block issue?

Thanks, NYH1.

In short, Yes I have heard of it, and seen it. Pick up a new locking block and see how that goes.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    In short, Yes I have heard of it, and seen it. Pick up a new locking block and see how that goes.

TXPO
    Will do

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I too have played the glock lottery. I've won and lost before.

Unfortunately, glock considers their handguns "within spec" if the rear sight is NOT hanging off one way or another. 6 inches at 25 yards seems pretty drastic.

have you contacted glock about this yet?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast