Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Colts Hold Their Value Better than Other Brands?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Take advantage??? I put them on GB. People bid on them. Let me guess??? You would have said no. I am giving them to you for 1000$. Stupid comment. If I didn’t have an AR and I needed one during that time I would’ve bought one. Obviously people felt like they needed them.
    So, you didn't put them on GunBroker at that particular time thinking 'hey, I'll make a mint.' Instead you thought, 'heck, I'll get what I've got in them.' Yeah, right.

You took advantage of the times, plain and simple, which has nothing to do with Colts holding their value.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 11-12-18 at 21:14.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Good post, I agree 100%.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Funny gun guys are all freedom / free market until a gun rush hits, then they want price controls...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Funny gun guys are all freedom / free market until a gun rush hits, then they want price controls...
    This. Or when when people get all worked up about a company that raises their prices during a panic, when, if that panic were for a legitimate reason, they could potentially lose a large portion of their business. Get while the getting’s good goes both ways.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Part of freedom and the free market is being at liberty to gripe about prices and marketing practices.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Good post, I agree 100%.
    Now you probably understand why I'm not in business and sold my rental houses.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Since the election I have been in somewhat of a state of numbness. Our beloved state of New Mexico has traditionally been mostly Democrat but with enough pro-2A conservatives in office that no one has worried about any new draconian gun laws. Now we have just elected a governor that wants to ban AR's and standard cap magazines. New Mexico's legislature makes it difficult but not impossible for the time to allow for legislation like that to pass. Still, it's the first time I recall a candidate winning with an openly anti-AR platform.

I've got a BCM I don't need anymore that is in near mint condition sitting on consignment at the local gun shop. The proprietor told me no one even has asked to look at it. When I surrendered it to him to sell in his shop, the first thing he asked me was "Got any Colts you want to sell?" That's as telling as anything I can imagine as far as which brands hold their resale potential.

I just ordered another LE6920 to have on hand in case new state legislation suddenly makes all my Colts more valuable. I would not have purchased any other brand solely as an "investment."
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 11-20-18 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Since the election I have been in somewhat of a state of numbness. Our beloved state of New Mexico has traditionally been mostly Democrat but with enough pro-2A conservatives in office that no one has worried about any new draconian gun laws. Now we have just elected a governor that wants to ban AR's and standard cap magazines. New Mexico's legislature makes it difficult but not impossible for the time to allow for legislation like that to pass. Still, it's the first time I recall a candidate winning with an openly anti-AR platform.

I've got a BCM I don't need anymore that is in near mint condition sitting on consignment at the local gun shop. The proprietor told me no one even has asked to look at it. When I surrendered it to him to sell in his shop, the first thing he asked me was "Got any Colts you want to sell?" That's as telling as anything I can imagine as far as which brands hold their resale potential.

I just ordered another LE6920 to have on hand in case new state legislation suddenly makes all my Colts more valuable. I would not have purchased any other brand solely as an "investment."
    Many who don’t have a Colt love to bash them. Colt is the most combat proven AR ever!
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

That could signal that the proprietor/gun shop owner is a Colt fanboy. He most likely pushes Colts more than any other brands merely because of the name. It may also be that he jacks the prices up given the name as well. After all, he is in business to make money. I really wonder what his customer base is.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    That could signal that the proprietor/gun shop owner is a Colt fanboy. He most likely pushes Colts more than any other brands merely because of the name. It may also be that he jacks the prices up given the name as well. After all, he is in business to make money. I really wonder what his customer base is.
    Actually he derides Colt as a union shop of good-for-nothings if you want to know the truth. But you're right he's in the business to make money and if he'd rather have Colts to sell in his store that tells you which ones are more sought-after. His shop is one that rarely stocks new inventory. Instead he relies on consignments. His customer base is the same as every other shop's around here: people either expect to be able to pay for a firearm out of one paycheck or they go for the best at any price.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast