Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts Hold Their Value Better than Other Brands?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    All I'm talking about is that by the time you're too old to keep shooting and you'd like to at least get your money out of them, then IMHO Colt is the only brand that will hold its value over time.
    In ARs, yeah, the Colts seem to have done better for people who want to turn them into cash. The stuff on consignment around these parts might sit a while, depending on brand (and price), but the Colts move faster. Around here, only someone who actually knows their stuff or does research would even look twice at a KAC, LMT, DD or BCM, but the kid who comes into the store with his girlfriend on Saturday will take a look at the Colt... after they check out the DPMS, Bushmaster, etc. The local lads with a little f-olding money looking to buy an AR know the name "Colt," and that matters.

I passed milepost 60 and suddenly realized that any firearm I bought from that point on - and I don't own anything but "users" after my early financial debacle with blackpowder cartridge rifles - was probably money down a hole. Why the obvious fact that I was not going to get fifty years of use out of any new firearm before I expired hadn't occurred to me earlier, I don't know... I suppose hitting the "threescore" and contemplating that remaining "ten" woke me up.

toc

Feedback Score
    I'm getting there too. I used to want enough spares to last 40 years. Now I probably won't live another 40 years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to want enough spares to last 40 years. Now I probably won't live another 40 years.
    The last time I bought a handgun at my LGS, I went home and showed my wife what I had purchased; near the end of my justification spiel, I said, "This gun will outlast ME."

The look I got...

toc

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    No, not true. Perhaps you should check at what some pay for sr15s or even just full ambi lowers during panics.
    SR15s aren't common <$1K ARs.

Feedback Score
    I'm getting there too. I used to want enough spares to last 40 years. Now I probably won't live another 40 years.
    Yeah, stock up for an eventual maybe-ban some day, that may or may not happen. However, the Reaper awaits all of us, no way around it unfortunately. Early 50's here with no kids......I have just recently started to realize that all my cool shit has nowhere to go!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yeah, stock up for an eventual maybe-ban some day, that may or may not happen. However, the Reaper awaits all of us, no way around it unfortunately. Early 50's here with no kids......I have just recently started to realize that all my cool shit has nowhere to go!
    I am a low-30’s white male looking for an adoptive father. Grandkids are included.

Feedback Score
    Well I had always planned on selling out at a certain age. If there is a ban maybe I'll just make more money.

Feedback Score
    Well I had always planned on selling out at a certain age. If there is a ban maybe I'll just make more money.
    What age? Gonna keep one or two until they close the lid and throw in the dirt? My problem would be deciding which one to keep. Of course then I'd have to keep one M14 clone, and a handgun or two, and......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    What age? Gonna keep one or two until they close the lid and throw in the dirt? My problem would be deciding which one to keep. Of course then I'd have to keep one M14 clone, and a handgun or two, and......
    My dad sort of reached an overall difficulty shooting at about age 73. He died only able to shoot a revolver single action.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    To me they hold their value in the sense that I know what I'm getting. I understand why I'm paying $600 for a used 6920 vs $400 for some brand new no name

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Bingo.. with a Colt you know what you are getting. A solid ready for a fight rifle that will give you solid performance in any condition. No guessing.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast