Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Colts Hold Their Value Better than Other Brands?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    Not true - in my experience brands like HK and Kac command just as much if not more of a profit.
    Not from a base price. No way. Examples. In 2012 I sold some used Colt 6920’s for 3,000$ apiece. No way an hk or KAC have or will do that. Examples of this?
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    My dad sort of reached an overall difficulty shooting at about age 73. He died only able to shoot a revolver single action.
    That's when my son inherits them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Not from a base price. No way. Examples. In 2012 I sold some used Colt 6920’s for 3,000$ apiece. No way an hk or KAC have or will do that. Examples of this?
    Just because you sold some used Colt 6920s for $3000 during a panic to a bunch of uneducated suckers is in no way indicative of what they would be worth in a normal market. During that same time, I saw cheap $500 ARs going for nearly $1500 to very ignorant and desperate buyers. During panic periods, many buyers are more than willing to pay way too much to get something they think will no longer be available.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All that proves is you are willing to take advantage of suckers.

Everyday, you can find surplus pistols, revolvers and rifles in fair to poor condition selling on the internet for more than they cost new. This is more a function of inflation over time than these weapons holding their value.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    All that proves is you are willing to take advantage of suckers.

Everyday, you can find surplus pistols, revolvers and rifles in fair to poor condition selling on the internet for more than they cost new. This is more a function of inflation over time than these weapons holding their value.
    Take advantage??? I put them on GB. People bid on them. Let me guess??? You would have said no. I am giving them to you for 1000$. Stupid comment. If I didn’t have an AR and I needed one during that time I would’ve bought one. Obviously people felt like they needed them.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    During that panic people were also paying over $2000 for Bushmasters. I know because my rich uncle bought one. So what does that say about Bushmaster's value?
    I'll answer that. It means people were stupid and uneducated about ARs and paying bookoo bucks for anything they could their hands on.
    Last edited by sig1473; 11-12-18 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    During that panic people were also paying over $2000 for Bushmasters. I know because my rich uncle bought one. So what does that say about Bushmaster's value?
    I'll answer that. It means people were stupid and uneducated about ARs and paying bookoo bucks for anything they could their hands on.
    Yeah, that was actually amusing to watch. $6K SCARs, $4K Colts, etc.

I went with my buddy who was an FFL do a FTF deal of a case of 100 PMAGs he put on Gunbroker for $1. Sold for $3K cash money, the guy drove 2.5 hrs each way to pick them up, that same day, in a Big Box parking lot. And he was tickled to get them 'before the ban'.

Feedback Score
    What it was is people getting caught with their pants down. They needed a rifle so they paid for it. It’s easy to say they were dumb after the fact.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What it was is people getting caught with their pants down. They needed a rifle so they paid for it. It’s easy to say they were dumb after the fact.
    I mean, they were dumb.

Anyone who fancies themselves a shooter, or 2A supporter should have a decent AR15 of some variety IMO. 12 mags, case of ammo, sling and optic / irons. Easy to do for <$1500 outside of a frenzied rush.

So many people were "just about to buy XYZ then this frenzy hit" .... yeah right, I've seen several good frenzies and people are always the same.

Anyone who gets caught the next time (and yes, there will be a next time - more than likely sooner than we think) is just plain stupid.

Back OT, Colts will always have curb appeal - like it or not, they are a recognized name in American history, from the Civil War, the Wild West, through WW1/2/Nam to the present day. Multiple generations of American warfighters have carried and used a Colt M16/M4 etc and that likely wont change anytime soon.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 11-12-18 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    Definitely remember the $3000 6920s on gunbroker. A younger goofy guy at a local IDPA match told me he actually paid that at a match a few months after Newtown. Saw one listed for $5K too. I bought another 6920 just prior to the 2016 election and it has sat unfired in my safe since...though that may change soon.

I’ll admit I’m a little nostalgic for Colts and think every American should have at least a Colt AR and/or a 1911. It’s part of Americana and I often patronize such companies. Now that I’ve scratched that itch I find myself shopping other vendors.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast