Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOCOM 300-SPS works on 2/3 mounts

Feedback Score

SOCOM 300-SPS works on 2/3 mounts

I have a Surefire SOCOM 300-SPS that will mount to two SOCOM muzzle brakes just fine, but requires some extra love from a rubber mallet to get it off/on a third SOCOM muzzle brake. All of the mounts look the same to the naked eye, any ideas what might be causing this? I called Surefire and they didn't have any concrete ideas about what might be going on either.

Also, on a side note the Surefire rep told me that I should be cleaning all of my centerfire rifle cans with an ultrasonic cleaner about every 500 rounds or so. This was news to me, has anyone else ever heard of this?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Sounds like tolerance stacking. I would call them back and tell them the fit is unacceptable and you will send in your mount for a new one.

I call BS on the cleaning a 556 can. Based on that bit of info I would ask to speak to someone else next time you call.

Feedback Score
    Is it tight going on or just off?
    New silencer? New mount?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-29-18 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    Carboned up?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    It’s tight going on and coming off. The collar is easy to engage/disengage after it’s on though. It’s a pretty new can/brake. I’d say about 500 rounds through the can, about 300 of that on the mount that is difficult. It’s A LOT less fouled up than my 556RC2 which attaches easily to my 10.3 and 11.5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a new 556RC2 and I am having a similar issue. It mounts to my muzzle brake super easy. The 3 prong flash hider on a different rifle is a different story. Super hard to get on and off. I had to tap it on and off the first time. I can get it on an off with out tapping with a hammer but its a slow process with a lot of wiggling. Very few rounds the the brake and the suppressor (less than 100). Even less through the flash hider. Not sure what to do.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just had Surefire replace a closed tine Warcomp due to fitment issues. It would slide down just over half way and then was tight enough that there was no getting it on. I thought at first I may have got a 7.62 device somehow by mistake but it was marked 5.56. I'm not sure exactly what the issue was but they just sent me a completely new one. I have quite a few other SF muzzle devices and they've not had any issues.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a SF mount like that once. It was a 762 SOOM RC brake. Occurred brand new out of the box with a brand new can...ie no carbon fouling. It was definitely that particular mount, as the can fit three others just fine. You should call SF customer service and see what they want you to do.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Sounds like it's most likely a fitment issue with my 7.62 brake. I'll try calling them again and hopefully I'll get a different rep. Thanks a bunch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I emailed them about my issue an they issued an RMA AND told me to send it in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast