Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you feel under-gunned using Federal 9BPLE?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by La26 View Post
    We had a shooting victim here in New Orleans a few months ago. He was standing by his car having just got off work when he was approached by a young gentleman. An argument ensued, and the victim was shot 18 times with a 9mm, just about everywhere in his body including three head shots. The perp ran off, and was arrested a short time later. When the ambulance arrived, the victim stood up and walked to the gurney and laid on it so the EMT's could start working on him to save his life. He was transported to the local Hospital and the trauma team saved him. He kept saying that all he wanted was to go back to work (he held two jobs to support his family). He survived the shooting, and if anyone reads this in time, he and his story will be on the Channel 4 News (WWL TV), here in New Orleans tonight (Friday May 10, 2019) at 10:00 pm entitled "The Miracle Man". Maybe not related to this thread because I have no idea what 9mm ammo the perp was carrying when he shot the victim. His story might be available on WWLTV.com if you care to search for it. I'm terrible with tech stuff, so I can't post a link, sorry.
    Similar situation in NYC maybe 10 years ago. Cops shot guy 22 times. He lived

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    9BPLE is functional, but there are much better options available these days. No reason to deliberately choose it, but there are worse choices.
    Pretty much this.

Feedback Score
    I've shot a few boxes of 9BPLE. At first I thought it was a little harsher recoil than, for example, 124+P or 127+P+ but now I can't really tell a difference. It definitely is a bit louder though.

I don't think these 115gr rounds meet the FBI protocol 12" minimum penetration but they supposedly have a big wound track to make up for that. That energy has to go somewhere.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I don't think these 115gr rounds meet the FBI protocol 12" minimum penetration but they supposedly have a big wound track to make up for that. That energy has to go somewhere.
    Physics gives us the theory of conservation of energy. Unfortunately it does not give us any theory of knockdown power or stopping power, so physics tells us that energy is converted into into a minuscule temperature increase.

"Energy" doesn't damage vitals, the bullet getting to and better yet through is what causes damage.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Best thing about that stuff is it was laser beam accurate in my Glocks.

It's definitely better than FMJ, but there are better bullet designs out there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234