Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt lower discontinued?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It is true. We bought a pallet load that is enroute, but I am told it is the last virgin lowers. Also, we do disassemble rifles and sell the lowers. The only issue we are finding is cost. Take a rifle that retails for $950, split it into a lower, a barrel, an upper receiver and BCG, and the resale demand is highly skewed in favor of the lower.

Things can change. Colt guys told me that the lawyers did not want some bubba gun being used in a crime, and the press reporting it as a Colt. I am not sure the logic rings true, but their policy is now to only sell full rifles and full uppers. Parts take a back seat. Very hard to order things like barrels and LPKs. Still selling, but delivery times are months.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well that kinda screws my SBR plans a bit.

This is especially shocking because it's so out of character for Colt, a company that otherwise has such a strong track record of great business decisions......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    So indeed they discontinued it. Just couple days ago I saw them listed at $299, I was just holding off for Black Friday sale, which las year they has it for $249.99....man, this gonna stint for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have learned a while ago that when it comes to anything firearm related if you want something, don't wait. If the price is good, get it, who knows were current events and politics will go in 2 months. There is always another panic around the corner.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Colt is basically like the GOP.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on the reg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Glad I snagged another from Brownells last week.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Well that kinda screws my SBR plans a bit.

This is especially shocking because it's so out of character for Colt, a company that otherwise has such a strong track record of great business decisions......
    Would this Colt lower assembly help since it's already registered by Colt as a SRB or would it not make any difference? I don't know if the price is too high to justify the cost for your build.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M.../556lr-sbr.htm

Feedback Score
    They also have these "Piston Carbine" marked lowers for $275 i mentioned earlier

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M...p/sp633784.htm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I have learned a while ago that when it comes to anything firearm related if you want something, don't wait. If the price is good, get it, who knows were current events and politics will go in 2 months. There is always another panic around the corner.
    This, it's always amusing to hear "But I was JUST ABOUT TO BUY <insert item readily available for the last 6-24 months> but now they are GONE!!!! I just want a FAIR PRICE!!!!"

No dog in this particular fight, as I'll take a MEGA forged lower anyday of the week.

But funny nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    This, it's always amusing to hear "But I was JUST ABOUT TO BUY <insert item readily available for the last 6-24 months> but now they are GONE!!!! I just want a FAIR PRICE!!!!"

No dog in this particular fight, as I'll take a MEGA forged lower anyday of the week.

But funny nonetheless.
    Oh, when was the last time you tried to buy a MEGA ? No more. They had wonderful Maten billet upper and lowers. Thanks to Zev, no more Mega.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Would this Colt lower assembly help since it's already registered by Colt as a SRB or would it not make any difference? I don't know if the price is too high to justify the cost for your build.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M.../556lr-sbr.htm
    Well part of the issue is i have to wait until I get a bonus next month anyway. I was just going to get a Non NFA Colt lower
    , SBR it at my leisure, and get a 6933 upper later. Getting a factory 6933 would actually have been a bit more expensive than getting the upper and lower separately by my estimation.
    So it doesn't blow my plans up completely, but it certainly complicates things vs what I was originally going to do.

I have a high regard for Colt's products, but not their business acumen.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast