Thread: Remington Model 12 .22 cal rifle

Feedback Score

Remington Model 12 .22 cal rifle

I inherited a Remington Model 12 .22 cal rifle Ser# 803xxx rifle from my father way back in 1989. Looks like one of the 22's used in the shooting gallery at the local carnival many years ago. It has been sitting in my closet since then. A quick Google search didn't provide much information about the rifle. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    Hey, I have one of those, too!

Probably not the right place for a post on a .22 pump, but, yes they had many uses - gallery guns, military trainers, hunting rifles... My father got his used from Sears in 1951 and it has USMC markings on it.

Not sure I can point you in the right direction for more info, just know they are a part of pre-war history.

Wonderful and fun little guns, I need a rear sight elevation screw for mine. Somewhere along the way it fell out. But, I'll never part with it as it was the gateway drug for my dad who in turn taught me a lot about guns, life, and common sense. He was self-taught and it wasn't until I attended Gunsite that I would hear his lessons coming back at me. Respect.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Hey, I have one of those, too!

Probably not the right place for a post on a .22 pump, but, yes they had many uses - gallery guns, military trainers, hunting rifles... My father got his used from Sears in 1951 and it has USMC markings on it.

Not sure I can point you in the right direction for more info, just know they are a part of pre-war history.

Wonderful and fun little guns, I need a rear sight elevation screw for mine. Somewhere along the way it fell out. But, I'll never part with it as it was the gateway drug for my dad who in turn taught me a lot about guns, life, and common sense. He was self-taught and it wasn't until I attended Gunsite that I would hear his lessons coming back at me. Respect.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    Thanks very much. Exactly what I needed.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 17:16.