Thread: Looking for your opinions on this upper.

Feedback Score

Looking for your opinions on this upper.

Howdy all, first post here and I guess I'm going to be that dumbass who buys something and then asks for everybody's thoughts. So I bought a few of these... https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...up-chf-barrel/
    Because they seemed like a good deal to my untrained eye. Did I screw up? Am I a tard?
    Also thinking about a sionics v3 mlok rail, any opinions on that?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
    Howdy all, first post here and I guess I'm going to be that dumbass who buys something and then asks for everybody's thoughts. So I bought a few of these... https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...up-chf-barrel/
    Because they seemed like a good deal to my untrained eye. Did I screw up? Am I a tard?
    Thanks.
    Stick around. Read. I know whether or not you screwed up and whether or not you are a tard. But that doesn’t help you, me telling you or doing the work you should be doing.

Now — I’m not being a smart ass, but seriously.... go do your own digging. I’d bet you could find the answers to ALL of your questions here... and you will appreciate the info much more if you learn it, as opposed to it being spoon-fed to you, brother.

Have a good’n!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
    Thanks.
    I've had good luck with Rainier's products. You are probably just fine. Sionics makes good stuff as well.

Feedback Score
    Those are good to go and a steal for the price. Rainer is good stuff and that has a CHF fn barrel.

ALG is having a 20% of sale on rails right now. Pick up your choice add a toolcraft BCG and you have a quality upper

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Looking for your opinions on this upper.

Those are FN made barrels, and according to Rainier, spec’d identically to the ones FN is selling on their website. If true, they’re an incredible deal. I ordered one, but have not finished building it out yet. I did check it with a Sionics lower for function with snap caps and everything appears good to go.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the replies everybody.
    I had assumed they were fn barrels based on the description. So I bet the farm and bought 3 because 3 is 1 and one is none... Right? Haha. Anyway I've got some Colt and sons of liberty bcgs to put in them and I was debating on a putting on G rails or sionics rails. I was leaning toward sionics because of price and they're local to me and when I went in sionics they are all cool guys. So I'm thinking I want to spend my money with them.

Feedback Score
    Sionics is good to go and both the BCG you listed as having are good quality as well. Should make for some nice uppers

If you don't have lowers for the builds Sionics had some blems on sale and they also offer a gutless lower receiver assembly that has the bolt catch, takedown pins/pivot pins, and trigger guard installed as well as a staked castle nut with RE and qd endplate. They have a blem version of this for 129 which is a good deal
    Last edited by everready73; 10-30-18 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. And good call on the sionics lowers. I purchased a blem gutless and a blem complete. As funds allow I will continue to spend money with them. Good group of dudes.