Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem Fixed

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Problem Fixed

Aimpoint made it right, replaced with a new one. No more worries.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-01-18 at 03:43.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I sent in a micro that Aimpoint replaced because of residue obstructing the glass. For my experience they were great in dealing with and replacing the optic with no hesitation. I called and spoke to customer service to get the process started.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I can't imagine Aimpoint wouldn't get you taken care of.

I can't quite remember, but didn't Mr.Gunsngear have a similar issue with his Comp M5?

Keep us up to date on what Aimpoint says. I've got a Comp M5 with a few hundred rounds on it and I'm curious if this is something I should look out for.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    I can't imagine Aimpoint wouldn't get you taken care of.

I can't quite remember, but didn't Mr.Gunsngear have a similar issue with his Comp M5?

Keep us up to date on what Aimpoint says. I've got a Comp M5 with a few hundred rounds on it and I'm curious if this is something I should look out for.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Just watched his video. I am totally regretting getting the M5, wish I had bought the T2...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Everyone keeps focusing on "how beefy the housing is" on optics...glad that 7075 is making things so much stronger!

Sorry OP, it's just a pet peeve of mine. AP should square you away, but I'd try to go through a vendor instead, as there will be considerable wait time, unless AP has changed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Just watched his video. I am totally regretting getting the M5, wish I had bought the T2...
    This makes no sense.

Why would you assume the T2 is better? Are you sure the same problem won't affect the T2, or that the T2 doesn't suffer from other issues you may not know about? Why would you assume the M5 is inferior/flawed? Because yours and his failed? That's two out of how many?

Just send your M5 to Aimpoint following the clearly written return instructions in their website and I'm sure it will get fixed or replaced.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 10-10-18 at 08:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    As far as Aimpoint Warranty goes, do they tend to cover their optics well?
    https://us.aimpoint.com/support/warranty-service/

https://www.aimpoint.com/support/war...rvice/service/

https://www.aimpoint.com/support/war...repair-policy/

I'd say yes

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Call John Enloe at Aimpoint. He's their Technical Support Manager in DC. Mention you are an LEO.

You will be taken care of, I have never heard anything but praise about John.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Aimpoint’s warranty service is outstanding, but you need to submit it and follow up. John Enloe is a friend and is top notch. They will get you squared away.

Aimpoint also started showing the CompM5s this week at AUSA, so be on the look out for those in the near future.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Aimpoint also started showing the CompM5s this week at AUSA, so be on the look out for those in the near future.
    I've been waiting to hear this since the M5 was announced. As a long-time user of the T-1 (still rocking a 4MOA dot here), I've been eyeing the M5 for the simple fact that AAA batteries are less expensive and generally more readily available than the CR2032. Much as I love my T-1 (which needs to go in for service due to the contact plate shearing off the PCB board, but it still runs!), my next optic will likely be an M5s once they're out and hitting the used market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast