G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Rare Colt 14.5 SOCOM Build from Factory

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    741
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would a dead air brake make the cut on being long enough? If so, any chance of offering it?

    I am in if so.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 11-02-18 at 22:37.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,550
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Correct. I have been shooting open tine FH's for a long, long time. No issues.


    C4
    Wait, you don't like the closed tine versions you have seen which have eroded away?!?!
    Stick


    Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

    I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...


    Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    VA/OH
    Posts
    29,599
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Wait, you don't like the closed tine versions you have seen which have eroded away?!?!
    I don't actually care. :-)


    C4

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    638
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Seems as if Colt is just trying to get rid of inventory.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,421
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Seems as if Colt is just trying to get rid of inventory.
    They don't make money by having them sit on the shelf.
    - Rhino

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    715
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    They don't make money by having them sit on the shelf.
    Seems kind of obvious, doesn't it? LOL

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    90
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is an awesome upper and easily competes with the BCM with the similar features on the price (bcg, rail, brake, etc.). I do want to buy it. However, even a premium upper at $900+shipping (with pinned SureFire) it's really hard price to justify when someone can build a similar upper for $600-700 using retail pricing on similar premium components.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,550
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    This is an awesome upper and easily competes with the BCM with the similar features on the price (bcg, rail, brake, etc.). I do want to buy it. However, even a premium upper at $900+shipping (with pinned SureFire) it's really hard price to justify when someone can build a similar upper for $600-700 using retail pricing on similar premium components.
    Maybe, but then you still have a no name upper most other people wouldn't trust. Versus this, which will be off the shelf known good.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of doing custom builds, and I typically prefer to use Centurion Arms barrels when they are an option. I'm just pointing out the flip side.
    Stick


    Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

    I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...


    Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •